Cloth Diapering

FTM staining question

I have a 8 week old LO and am using a combination of prefolds, AIOs, pockets, and fitted diapers.  I wash my diapers every day or every other day at most.  I have a front loading HE washer and do a cold rinse, followed by a hot wash with soapnuts.  The first few washes were great but then I began to notice poop stains after every wash.  I first started sunning my diapers, but it's becoming tedious to keep up with line drying when it would be faster to throw my diapers in the dryer. 

My question to the board are:

• Is staining normal after every wash or am I doing something wrong?
  • If I switched from soapnuts to another detergent, would stains be prevented?
  • Do I just accept that my diapers are stained but clean and not worry about it?

TIA!

Re: FTM staining question

• Staining is totally normal regardless of your detergent. Don't worry about it and don't feel like you have to sun them all the time. You can sun them just occasionally and the stains will still come out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks!  I was beginning to worry that I was messing up my wash routine, but as long as it's normal, I don't mind looking at stains!
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Tide original and never have stains. Ever. I don't think my LO's poop just doesn't stain....It had to be the detergent. Even when he ate blueberries and beets it didn't stain. We have a mix of natural and synthetic fibers.

ETA : I don't sun them either. I live in Seattle and we don't get enough sun so we dry in the dryer.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A nice cold rinse before the start of the wash cycle can help prevent stains from setting in, but unfortunately, stains happen.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"