Stay at Home Moms

FFFC?

Mine: I love sending and recieving holiday photo cards AND newsletters.

Re: FFFC?

• Sometimes, when I am in my car all alone, I turn off NPR and listen to very loud pop/gansta rap. 

• DH and I have a small stash of junk food hidden in our room that we only eat at night once the kids are sleeping, so we don't hear "can iiiiiiiii have soooooommmmmme?"

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagealli2672:

Sometimes, when I am in my car all alone, I turn off NPR and listen to very loud pop/gansta rap. 

Ha! Me too! It helps me unwind, even though I don't really love that kind of music. I carefully turn the dial back afterwards too, so DH doesn't judge me :-P 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagealli2672:

Sometimes, when I am in my car all alone, I turn off NPR and listen to very loud pop/gansta rap. 

I listen to gangsta rap when DD is around & it's no secret either.  I keep thinking I really should stop but I don't.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I'm alone in the car, I also blast the music loud. DH does not like loud music or worries about hearing loss or something but I love it. It's either classic rock, hip hop or my all time favorite, reggae.
    I am overly excited about receiving Christmas cards this year. I'll be happy with any kind. I keep checking the mail for the first one.
    Ummmm lets see. I am heavily contemplating putting induction on the calendar for my due date or just after. It would be a social induction. There's certain people I don't want to mention it to because I don't want to hear about how I should wait. They can have three babies in three years and then get back to me. I'm in a lot of muscular skeletal pain here.
  • My FFFC is that I'm getting ready to leave the house in yoga pants, athletic sneakers, and a hoodie, and I have absolutely no intention of working out today. I just slept later than usual and wasn't motivated enough to shower.
  • imageHav=Fath:

There are lots of parts of adopting that are hard, not being able to physically carry your child, not being able to BF, not getting to figure out where they get "this or that". BUT, there are some good things too! Hadley's birth parents are both naturally slim and I'm just praying that she will therefore never have weight issues like my whole family does. :o)  Oh, and I have my dad's assss, it's awful and totally flat, I mean flat. Hadley has the cutest little hiney and I'm just thankful she won't inherit mine. 

This post is so cute. :)

My confession: I feel like such a slug. I don't remember first trimester fatigue being so bad last time. DD is almost napping and I'm praying she will pass out soon because I need to lay down too.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I took out my frustration of dealing with DH who is in the midst of a "just let me decide myself" used car hunting with NO time to do it (he has no idea what he wants, refuses to go take some test drives, only wants to spend $X, and even though I had the websites pulled up for some of my family's most trusted dealers - my family have a fleet of vehicles and are on a rotation schedule with all of them but he doesn't want to be put into the rotation which would save a ton of $$$$, he starts looking at cars at places that there's no way in H the family would ever deal with these places because of their reputations for shady practices)..  I didn't say a WORD (he wasn't listening to me anyway), just cleaned up his blessed papers and hauled three storage boxes of them out of the house last night...  I need more storage boxes and I'm HOPING that I can somehow get the two bins of toss papers to the recycling center without him noticing until after they're gone...  It actually started to look like I made a dent in here!!

The other one - I'm content to just stay home..  What's better/worse, I'm turning into my mother on this deal...  "If I stay home, then I don't spend ANY money.." (we're uncertain what the next few months to six years are going to bring with some family business/estate drama to the point that I'm even afraid to go Christmas shopping)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had surgery over Thanksgiving and I'm not supposed to lift anything heavy, ie DD. My mom has been coming over every day and taking care of the kids. She's awesome and I appreciate her SO MUCH! But, I can't wait until I'm better and can do for myself.

She's been giving DD juice and letting her walk around with a pacifier all day. I can't find things in my kitchen because it's all moved around. She nit picks everything DS eats, or doesn't eat. Ugh, I am working very hard at controlling the eye rolls.

• We are driving an hour to visit my MIL today and I am tempted to drag her out shopping ostensibly for me to get some things for LO, hoping that she'll pick some things up for Christmas when she sees what we are needing. She almost always regifts us stuff that we aren't really interested in but then gets annoyed after Christmas if she finds out that we are purchasing something like a food processor because "we should have told her that we wanted one." The thing is, she never ever asks what we want and I don't feel comfortable calling her up to tell her to buy us stuff. The same happened with the baby shower. She told me MH's family were annoyed we never told them where we were registered...but not a single person asked. They didn't even ask us if we were HAVING a shower, or when the baby was due, or how were doing, or if we needed anything so of course it wouldn't occur to me they gave a sh*t where we were registered! But no, I'm the one horribly in the wrong according to her. So I've now moved onto passive-aggressive hinting.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Today is my last day babysitting...FOREVER! I'm doing a happy dance all day to never deal with a child I didn't birth myself. DS is going to miss her to pieces which is going to be hard.
    IMG_7454 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My FFFC: 

I think John Stamos is still a babe.

I've also started re-reading the Twilight Series after watching Breaking Dawn Part 2.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageArnegard:
    Mine: I love sending and recieving holiday photo cards AND newsletters.

I'm a fan of the holiday photo cards but definitely not the newsletters. We received one from a family member that we only see once a year maybe at a holiday dinner. The whole time I was reading it I kept thinking "why?" I also judged hard because it was a total brag letter.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FFFC: I mainlined every episode of "My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding" on YouTube the other day whenever LO was napping. I can't help it. I love that show so hard.
  • We had 3 people stay with us recently over the course of about 1.5 weeks, in our guest room - they each stayed one night.

I fully intended to wash the bedsheets in between all of them. I really did.

Oops. Embarrassed

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • For 2 holidays every year (one this season and one in the spring) my family goes to a hotel/resort for a few days. My family all lives in New England about 2 hours from the place they go and DH and I live in the midwest. The resort costs $2,000 for the few days they stay and plane tickets out there are $600 each for DH and I. This means we can't go and don't get to see my family during these holidays (we could drive but it would cost an extra 2 days of vacation time for DH).

Every time they go, a family member pays for my aunt and uncle and their 3 kids to go. Twice a year. Every year. It makes me really angry because I wish I could see my family more and I miss them terribly and my aunt and uncle live within 20 minutes of everyone so they get to see them all the time.

So my FFFC: my uncle likes to get on facebook and biitch about the "liberals" who want handouts for everything and never pay for anything themselves and who are lazy, blah blah blah. I want to comment on his statuses and ask him about his free, handout vacations he takes twice a year while he blows money on new DSLRs and televisions. I know it would embarrass him and that's why I want to do it.

• imageAmyNicole622:
    Today is my last day babysitting...FOREVER! I'm doing a happy dance all day to never deal with a child I didn't birth myself. DS is going to miss her to pieces which is going to be hard.

Yaaay! That's great, I know you've been looking forward to it :-) Have a fun last day together!!  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageNandaB:
    imageMinipenguin:
    For 2 holidays every year one this season and one in the spring my family goes to a hotel/resort for a few days. My family all lives in New England about 2 hours from the place they go and DH and I live in the midwest. The resort costs 2,000 for the few days they stay and plane tickets out there are 600 each for DH and I. This means we can't go and don't get to see my family during these holidays we could drive but it would cost an extra 2 days of vacation time for DH.Every time they go, a family member pays for my aunt and uncle and their 3 kids to go. Twice a year. Every year. It makes me really angry because I wish I could see my family more and I miss them terribly and my aunt and uncle live within 20 minutes of everyone so they get to see them all the time.So my FFFC: my uncle likes to get on facebook and biitch about the "liberals" who want handouts for everything and never pay for anything themselves and who are lazy, blah blah blah. I want to comment on his statuses and ask him about his free, handout vacations he takes twice a year while he blows money on new DSLRs and televisions. I know it would embarrass him and that's why I want to do it.
    Do it!!! I'm such an instigator

Not sure if it's worth the shiitstorm it would cause. I've been standing on the edge for awhile. I'm about one snarky student-loan comment away from going over.

• DD is day time weaned. For this week and part of next I am watching a friend's 4year old. DD has so much fun with her she doesn't want to go down for a nap. I have been nursing her before naps so she'll sleep. She has started tugging on my shirt in the evenings for milk and last night H said something like "I wonder why she's doing that again." I didn't tell him she's been getting momma's milk a couple of extra times a day.
  • I got mad at DD for peeing her pants today.  MOTY award right here.  I have always tried really hard not to seem upset or to make her feel bad if she had an accident, but today I was having a bad day and snapped.  She has been potty trained for over a year and hasn't had an accident in over 8 months (and most of her prior accidents were small accidents) so I haven't carried anything but spare underwear for her in the diaper bag for a long time.  Well, today in Toys R Us she  just stood in the middle of the aisle and emptied her bladder with no indication that she had to go prior to going on their floor.  Not a good day here.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am shocked by how shocked some people get on this board.
  • imagealli2672:

I'm more shocked that you are listening to NPR. ;) I blasted Doggystyle all day while I got ready for my party. :)
  • My other FFFC is that while I'm super excited for the family I babysit for - they're due to have another baby in February - I am really nervous about caring for another kid. The one I already babysit is a wonderful boy and I love him, but he can sometimes be a challenge and it's already hard to balance caring for him with caring for LO. Adding a newborn into the mix terrifies me. And I'm also worried that they won't be able to pay me much more, which makes me wonder if it's really worth it...and then I feel like a jerk since we're friends and I love the whole family. And round and round we go.

I guess that was more of a mini-vent than a FFFC. So I'll admit I ate dessert first just now. 

• When I see people out in public in workout type clothes, I never judge them for being sloppy... I'm always thinking, I wish I could pull that off. I always see thin college aged girls wearing Pink clothes and I'm jealous they look good in sweats.

DS went to sleep at 7, and I'm going to bed now at 7:45pm on a Friday. I don't even care.
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • My FFFC? I really don't like "combo" Christmas/Birth Announcements (only okay for 1st kids). Well, I did it this year for baby #4. I really don't have a lot of time to do a separate one, and we got our pro pics late. 

But I'm owning it! LOL! 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • imageKimbus22:

Me too.  I really like reading over here and think it's fun.  But I never knew what a horrible, tacky, AWing slob I was until I started hanging out here...

I want to save this post somewhere so that a couple of months, when an opportunity presents itself, I can call you a tacky, AWing, slob.  LOL  Then we could die laughing and everyone else would think I was a mean girl!

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"