Baby Showers
Options

Ideas for boy Sprinkle shower..

Wondering if anyone has any ideas for a boys sprinkle shower. Her previous baby was a girl so she only has girl's stuff. Plus, it is mostly closr friends and family and that makes it co-ed

Re: Ideas for boy Sprinkle shower..

• Options
    Honestly no.  If someone is insisting on a sprinkle/hosting a sprinkle, I think it should be nothing more than a low-key lunch.  If she chose to have gender specific stuff for her first baby that was her choice.  Invite everyone over for dinner and call it a night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options

imageBallSox:
    Honestly no.  If someone is insisting on a sprinkle/hosting a sprinkle, I think it should be nothing more than a low-key lunch.  If she chose to have gender specific stuff for her first baby that was her choice.  Invite everyone over for dinner and call it a night.

Ditto this.  I think sprinkles should be simple and small dinner or lunch among the MTB's closest friends and/or family.  And, most people will get that she probably needs boy clothes, boy-themed blankets, bibs, etc., and will bring her something along those lines. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesnarlingkitty:

Wondering if anyone has any ideas for a boys sprinkle shower. Her previous baby was a girl so she only has girl's stuff. Plus, it is mostly closr friends and family and that makes it co-ed

Which is it- a sprinkle or a shower?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For a Sprinkle, I'd host it at a restaraunt and I guess you could put a blue balloon or something of that nature on the table. I hope by mostly close friends and family you mean a guest list of under 10 people.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I did a safari theme in blue and white for a friend and it turned out really cute... does she have a hobby or something you can get an idea from? My friend, who is super girly, grew up hunting and has taken several african safari's so the theme fit her well!
    m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I recently attended a sprinkle for a little boy. It was VERY low key and while there were about 24 women there, she received small gifts that were boyish. 

It was at a friend's house.

We had: water, lemonade and tea.

crockpot meatballs with a side of sour dough bread
    a grapes and walnut dish
    brie with crackers and fruit
    hummus, veggies
    cupcakes

• Options

I do understand most of you don't like second shower or sprinkle, but why would you attack the host! I understand attacking the mother who expects a shower, but attacking the host?

Maybe I am naive, but I think the host felt it was ok to throw the shower (ok in their circle) and offered to throw the shower on her own not being forced by the STM to throw the shower.  If any of the guests have fundamental issues with second shower will decline the invite.

OP,  Since it's coed, I would do the following:

Beer, non alc beer, and mini izze cans of drinks
    finger foods, like wings or meatballs
    pretzels or bar mix nuts
    cupcakes

• Options

This:

imagemommabear17:

Which is it- a sprinkle or a shower?

And also this

imageBallSox:
  • Options
    I wold say to go to a restaurant and have the sprinkle there.  If you want to do it at home, I would suggest BBQ food. 
  • Options
    sprinkle shower? thats the first time I've ever heard of this. "only in america" lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"