March 2012 Moms
Options

Christmas presents

So my family is Jewish and DH is not. So we go to his familys house for Christmas and bring my parents along. We love it!

Last night MIL told DH to come over in my Dads BIG truck because we are going to need it to haul home all of DS presents!!

I know MIL got him this play house type thing and she said her sister got something bigger and SIL got something even BIGGER!!!!

haha love that they love getting DS presents but WHERE we will put all this stuff.

Glad LO is so loved though :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Christmas presents

• Options
    I am so nervous about Christmas for this reason. Well also for all the running, and In law stress. I told my family not to go overboard. If they wanted get her something small, and then make a contribution to her college fund, or a local charity in her name. When I told MIL this she just laughed and said yeah right you better be renting a storage unit. If that's the case I'll just give some of the toys to the local shelter.

My DH and I both come from divorced parents so I have a feeling DD will be spoiled with gifts. I'm also glad she's loved but my house isn't big enough! Then just think in around 3 months more presents for our LO's birthdays! Aaahhhh!
  • Options
    trying not to think about it till it happens

... I have worked magic on this apt to maximize the storage and space we have ... but I'm not David Copperfield.  I am in the middle of assembling an entire wall of cubeicals and canvas storage totes in the little man's room to make the most of the dead wall space .. I'd rather go up than take up floor space, so he is going to be racked out on one entire wall lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

OMG I am nervous about Christmas as well! We have a really big family, so unfortunately we do not all buy gifts for each other, we have Christmas dinner at my aunts, and my aunt always ask the parents to bring one wrapped gift for their kids, and a cousin or uncle dress up as Santa. BUT there are only two babies in the family now, my DS and my god daughter, last year my god daughter was the only baby, and EVERYONE bought her present.  I know for DS it is going to be the same way. Not even to mention DS is first grand child for both our parents, so they have already warned us of all the stuff they are buying.  But yea where are we going to put all this stuff! and the first birthday in March. DS is going to need his own house.

I have been trying to nonchalantly suggest certain toys for them to get him. LOL But yes I am very happy and fortune that we have great family and friends support for DS.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Options

imageWipz:

... I have worked magic on this apt to maximize the storage and space we have ... but I'm not David Copperfield.  I am in the middle of assembling an entire wall of cubeicals and canvas storage totes in the little man's room to make the most of the dead wall space .. I'd rather go up than take up floor space, so he is going to be racked out on one entire wall lol

I need DH to get crackin' on getting the rod and adjustable shelf brackets (making my own closet system instead of spending big bucks on one) but I also have one wall in DD's room I could do something with. You have inspired me. Smile

We have a small house. I have informed DH that after Christmas, he will be going through things with me to get rid of so I have space store baby things. If he doesn't help me, he can't complain when I get rid of all his crap.

Yea. Christmas gifts. I know she won't get too, too much from my parents as they are more broke than I am. But my in-laws....I have no idea. It could be crazy, it could be nothing, or, if the past serves as an indicator, I'll get rid of most the stuff that give us anyway.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    imagecountrygrl5533:

imageWipz:

I need DH to get crackin' on getting the rod and adjustable shelf brackets (making my own closet system instead of spending big bucks on one) but I also have one wall in DD's room I could do something with. You have inspired me. Smile

We have a small house. I have informed DH that after Christmas, he will be going through things with me to get rid of so I have space store baby things. If he doesn't help me, he can't complain when I get rid of all his crap.

Yea. Christmas gifts. I know she won't get too, too much from my parents as they are more broke than I am. But my in-laws....I have no idea. It could be crazy, it could be nothing, or, if the past serves as an indicator, I'll get rid of most the stuff that give us anyway.

If I get it finished this weekend I'll post a pic of his storage wall :)  I was lucky to pick up a great deal on Black Friday courtesy of Home Depot.  I probably paid close to a 1/3 of what it would have normally cost.  When it's done he will have 80 YES 80 cubes some will have canvas storage others will be for books and display etc and some of the upper ones can be used to store stuff we want kept out of reach of him.
  • Options
    imageWipz:
    imagecountrygrl5533:

imageWipz:

If I get it finished this weekend I'll post a pic of his storage wall :)  I was lucky to pick up a great deal on Black Friday courtesy of Home Depot.  I probably paid close to a 1/3 of what it would have normally cost.  When it's done he will have 80 YES 80 cubes some will have canvas storage others will be for books and display etc and some of the upper ones can be used to store stuff we want kept out of reach of him.

I need a picture of 80 cubes!!  

• Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"