May 2013 Moms

Daycare Rave!

I'm a high school teacher and my school has on-site daycare. I met with the director today. She said I shouldn't have a problem getting in for next school year because they only have 6 kids right now in the 0-3 room and some of them are moving up to preschool. The 0-3 room is right down the hall from my classroom and they have an open door policy, so I can breastfeed on my preps instead of pumping. Once my kid is in then they are guaranteed a spot in the preschool. And it's "only" $270 a week! Gosh, I don't even want to go tour or get on the waitlist anywhere else. My life will be perfect if this all works out!

Okay, attention whore out :) Happy Friday everyone!

Re: Daycare Rave!

• YAY!  That's wonderful.  One suggestion--I would still plan on pumping (at home) so they have 2-3 bottles a day just in case especially since you won't be available if the baby is hungry and you're teaching.  And if the baby doesn't use it during the day, well, your husband can have a go at 2 a.m. so you can sleep. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCRLSMC2011:

YAY!  That's wonderful.  One suggestion--I would still plan on pumping (at home) so they have 2-3 bottles a day just in case especially since you won't be available if the baby is hungry and you're teaching.  And if the baby doesn't use it during the day, well, your husband can have a go at 2 a.m. so you can sleep. 

Yeah, I will need to figure all that out. But in my imaginary perfect world I get to leave my classroom to feed my baby every chance I get!

• Loading the player...
  • That's awesome, I'm so jealous! My work doesn't have one, and we live in an expensive area so all the daycares near us are a zillion dollars, AND have 18month-2 year wait lists! We got on all the wait lists basically as soon as I peed on the stick, but I can't imagine we'll get a spot anywhere near when we'll need it.  Not entirely sure how thats all going to work out actually....

(I mean, we'll get a nanny or something for the interim, its not like I'm going to leave him at home alone with the dog and hope for the best...although she is pretty responsible...) Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Jealous here!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That's a super convenient setup!
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • That is awesome! I hope it all works out! 

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm jealous. I could only dream of something so convenient! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"