Trying to Get Pregnant

Confused about OPKs

Is it possible to surge twice or am I reading the test I took today wrong?

These first ones are from 11-23 to 11-25: 

And the top two of these are 11-26 and the third is the 28th (I took just to notice a clear negative again) and the last one is from just right now: 

This is my first official month of trying and unfortunately I haven't been taking my temp not that it would do any good this month since I have been sick and running a fever off and on. I'm thinking temping would be the only way to know for sure but I was just kind of wondering if anyone had ever experienced something of this nature since I've already been counting DPO's. Thanks for the help in advanced!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Confused about OPKs

• imageSLBxtreme:
    Can't see the pictures. If you had more than one surge, the first one would have been a failed O. You don't get surges after O so the most recent surge would potentially be the one that you O'd after.

Fixed the images. Thank you for the input. That makes a lot more sense. I wish I would have known that in advanced. So much to learn about TTC. :)

• It is possible to have an LH surge and not ovulate afterward. That's most likely what happened to you. It's very frustrating! You might want to consider starting to temp next cycle to confirm. Temping has been a sanity-saver for me since stopping birth control. It's been over 4 months now and my cycles still haven't regulated.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think you geared up to O and then didn't actually ovulate (maybe because you were sick, who knows). That last pic is a very clear positive so you could continue testing and see if you also have a fade out pattern on OPKs. I'd definitely keep having sex. Also, maybe consider tracking your CM and remember that any time you see fertile CM to have sex just in case since you're not temping. Good luck!
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • imagespacepotatoes:

It is possible to have an LH surge and not ovulate afterward. That's most likely what happened to you. It's very frustrating! You might want to consider starting to temp next cycle to confirm. Temping has been a sanity-saver for me since stopping birth control. It's been over 4 months now and my cycles still haven't regulated.

Good luck!

Thank you! I had my IUD removed 2 months ago so it's highly likely I am not regular yet. I will definitely start temping next cycle. 

• imagecurlylocks3:
    I think you geared up to O and then didn't actually ovulate (maybe because you were sick, who knows). That last pic is a very clear positive so you could continue testing and see if you also have a fade out pattern on OPKs. I'd definitely keep having sex. Also, maybe consider tracking your CM and remember that any time you see fertile CM to have sex just in case since you're not temping. Good luck!

Thank you for the advice. I'm glad you ladies know so much, it helps a ton to be able to talk to people who understand.

• Agree with everyone... no way to know without temping.

I had this happen to me last month. Got +OPKs (and fade-out) around my "normal" days, but after three days, my temp still wasn't rising. Used another OPK and it was +, then saw a temp spike the next day.

Either way, HIO!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"