October 2012 Moms

I have a little piggy

My DD is 1 month 6 days and is already up to 4 oz every three hours.  It seems that the 4oz in not enough and I am finding that most of the time she is eating close to 5 oz.  She is now 10lb and was big when born.  Just curious does anyone else's LO who is the same age, eat this much?  The doc said if she wants it give it to her.  Not much help if you ask me, I think it's too much.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image

Re: I have a little piggy

• If she's hungry, then it's not too much.

3 to 4 oz every 3 to 4 hours is pretty average for the age. Your LO is also likely gearing up for growth spurt at 6 weeks.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • DS has onloy gotten a bottle once, it was about 2 weeks ago and he took 5.5 oz
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO started taking in 4 oz since 4 weeks. A pedi I went to told me at 4 weeks if he eat 4 oz he should go 4-5 hrs until the next feeding. I said screw that and switched pedi. He's a bit over 7 weeks now and still takes 4-5 oz ever 3-4 hrs. I'm just not one of those parents that'll deny the kid food because he's "overeating" Babies are all different. My baby gives pretty clear signs when he's hungry so I feed him whenever he needs to be fed.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My pedi said to give it to her if she wants it.  She has been doing 3-4oz since about 3.5 weeks.  I give it to her as long as she is truely hungry.  I figured the more she was eating the longer she would go between feedings, but that is not the case.  She is still pretty consistant at every 3 hours on the dot.  I do hope this is just a growth spurt and things will go back to normal. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • I'm in the same boat. C is FF and has been getting 3-4 oz every 3 hours or so for weeks now. We're offering her 6 oz now b/c she was wanting more after 4 oz! She doesn't take all 6 but it's been easier to measure out 6 oz rather than 5 lol.

Anyways, I was concerned, but her dr told us as long as her weight is good she's not concerned. And C was 6 lb 2 oz at birth and on Monday at her 1 month check up she was 9 lb 11 oz. Her dr was happy with this and wants to see us again in a couple weeks so can better plot her weight on the chart and really know how it's going. If she's hungry though just feed her in my opinion. And if your doctor isn't concerned than just keep at it! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • glad im not the only one!!! Lol My Lo will be 6 weeks on  the 6th and shes been at 4-5oz since 3 weeks. And she still eates every 2-3 hours. Pretty much would eat her hand if I'd let her. She was 8pds 6oz at birth and at her 1 month apt she was 11pds 2 1/2 oz. Pedi said give it to her if she wants it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"