January 2013 Moms

2 Questions for STMs.

1.  What is your favorite brand of baby socks?  I have heard they are hard to keep on, but are some better than others?

2.  What are your necessities for an infant medicine cabinet?  I am trying to have the things I might need on hand so I don't need to run to the store in the middle of the night the first time she gets sick.   

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
1/12/13 DD was born
4/9/16 DS was born 
9/17 CP 
6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

Re: 2 Questions for STMs.

• imageAllycat11:

1.  What is your favorite brand of baby socks?  I have heard they are hard to keep on, but are some better than others? - Robeez (expensive, but they stay on better then any other brand we have)

2.  What are your necessities for an infant medicine cabinet?  I am trying to have the things I might need on hand so I don't need to run to the store in the middle of the night the first time she gets sick.   Tempra and Gripe Water

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1.) with socks I found that the taller ones from Old Navy worked well for us.....I did a lot of baby legs with DD when she was smaller and they really helped keep socks on!

2.)Thermometer, nose sucker (nose frieda looks gross but works amazing!!!), infant tylenol & ibuprofen, gas drops and powdered probiotics (helped DDs really bad gas the first month!). I think that is about all you can give them when itty-bitty! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAllycat11:

Not a STM but I thought I would still answer...

1.  What is your favorite brand of baby socks?  I have heard they are hard to keep on, but are some better than others?

I heard Old Navy baby socks are really good.

2.  What are your necessities for an infant medicine cabinet?  I am trying to have the things I might need on hand so I don't need to run to the store in the middle of the night the first time she gets sick.   

I bought this stuff that my SIL suggested - Little Noses Saline Mist & Gas Drops (I bought BRU brand)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageStarlitRN:
    1. with socks I found that the taller ones from Old Navy worked well for us.....I did a lot of baby legs with DD when she was smaller and they really helped keep socks on!nbsp;2.Thermometer, nose sucker nose frieda looks gross but works amazing!!!, infant tylenol amp; ibuprofen, gas drops and powdered probiotics helped DDs really bad gas the first month!. I think that is about all you can give them when ittybitty!nbsp;

Just remember though no Tylenol until 2 months and no ibuprofen until 6 months!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • We used old navy socks. My son hates socks, so he was barefoot a lot.
    Snot sucker, gas drops, teething tablets for later, nail file and clipper, aquaphor, anal thermometer, Mustela no rinse cleanser, vaseline if having a boy and circumcising, and lots of washcloths and bibs. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 1 trumpette socks always stayed on DS's feet. And they are so adorable! Target had them at one point for a reasonable price.

2 Tylanol, thermometer for rectum readings plus Vaseline to use with it. You can get a digital one at Target for like 10.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.  What is your favorite brand of baby socks?  I have heard they are hard to keep on, but are some better than others?

Old Navy is the only brand that has ever really worked for us. I tried a lot of other brands that had cuter designs and we always end up throwing them away because they will not stay on.

I would have a cool mist humidifier since a lot of meds are not recommened for yound babies and it can really help a congested baby when they can't really take anything. Infant tylenol is great when the teething starts. DS would stop crying just at the taste because he knew relief was coming. Gripe water may or may not help but is worth a try when baby gets gassy. Saline drops and a good bulb syringe are great for a stopped up nose.

• 1.  Trumpet and Carters.  But to be honest, you want to go with footed sleepers while they're newborns, so much easier.

2.  Rectal thermometer and Vaseline, infant Tylenol and infant Advil (never give without talking to baby's pediatrician first, though), one of those measuring spoons with the graduated measurements in the handle (drug stores will often give it to you for free if you're giving a prescription antibiotic or whatever to your baby), Vicks BabyRub after they turn 3 months old, NoseFrida and extra filters (amazing, don't waste your time with any other type of aspirator)... um... I think that's it.  I tried to give DS Gripe Water once and it did squat for him.

ETA: saline drops, of course.  And for what it's worth, I don't think DS had his first fever for months and months, so it might not be worth buying Tylenol and the like until you actually need it.  I think I only used it once before the expiration date rolled around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAllycat11:

1.  What is your favorite brand of baby socks?  I have heard they are hard to keep on, but are some better than others?  I never had a specific type of infant sock.  But once he got big enough, I loved the hanes socks for him (probably around 3 months)

2.  What are your necessities for an infant medicine cabinet?  I am trying to have the things I might need on hand so I don't need to run to the store in the middle of the night the first time she gets sick.   I don't keep much.  For medication we have infant tylenol and some benedryl.  Also make sure that you have a snot sucker and a thermometer. 

Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• walmart makes 'george' brand which are taller and i loved them. they look like softball socks kinda - come in blue, red, grey...and white

and they were great 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"