February 2012 Moms
Options

Circus vs. Sock Monkey

Sooo...I was super pumped about DS's 1st Birthday party theme being circus. Well yesterday I was talking to MIL and she told me about this birthday party supply mag she got that had a ton of sock monkey birthday supplies and now I am kind of obsessing over that theme! So CP time...[Poll]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Circus vs. Sock Monkey

• Options
    I can't vote...both creep me out!
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options

imageMrMrsandBaby:
    I can't vote...both creep me out!

Just out of curiosity then...what theme would you do for a baby boy's first birthday?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Awesome question...

I think I would do something like a color scheme rather than an object (like blue and green rather than dinosaurs).

I'm big on the graphic look for a kid's party!

But if you are looking for an object, I love the jungle theme...or Finding Nemo, I love that movie!

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    We're doing football because 1 - we are huge football fans (GO PACK) 2 - his birthday is on super bowl sunday so we will do his birthday party in the afternoon and then people can stay for the super bowl or go do their own thing. I was struggling to come up with something and then someone told me his bday was on super bowl...so that made up my mind
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I voted circus. I don't get the whole sock monkey thing. I just feel like there are soo many more things you could go with the circus theme.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageALane1128:
    We're doing football because 1 - we are huge football fans (GO PACK) 2 - his birthday is on super bowl sunday so we will do his birthday party in the afternoon and then people can stay for the super bowl or go do their own thing. I was struggling to come up with something and then someone told me his bday was on super bowl...so that made up my mind

Woo! Go PACK!! *happy dance*

I picked Sock Monkey because I think it's cuter.

January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options
    imageMrMrsandBaby:

Awesome question...

I think I would do something like a color scheme rather than an object (like blue and green rather than dinosaurs).

I'm big on the graphic look for a kid's party!

But if you are looking for an object, I love the jungle theme...or Finding Nemo, I love that movie!

It's funny you say this because normally I am a pattern/prints/colors kind of gal, DH was shocked to know I was going with a theme it's usually not my style,

• Options
    Sock monkey mouths creep me out.

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Options

Ian's bedroom is frogs, my shower was frogs, so I'm thinking that I'm going to go with a frog them for his 1st birthday.  My sister already knows how to do the cake, so it'll be easy on her (considering she'll be 8mo pregnant, lol).  https://www.amazon.com/10pc-Nursery-Bedding-Brown-Green/dp/B0036ZJLE2/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&qid=1354308749&sr=8-28&keywords=frog+bedroom+decor this is his room decor, so I'll be able to cheat and use the pictures that my mom and sister painted for my shower, as deco for the b'day party too.

I picked sock monkey, I'm not a fan of 'circus' anything really.

• Options

imagekristin172429:
    Sock monkey mouths creep me out.

This. It looks like when old ladies put their lipstick on way outside the lines. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"