Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Baby tub to regular tub

My LO can crawl and sit unassisted with ease. She is suddenly un happy during bath time in her FP Whale tub. I'm thinking that she want's to explore. Tell me some tips that you used when putting your LO into the regular tub for the first time... Did you get in with them? Did you buy something for the bottom to make it less slippery? We have an old cast iron tub so it is pretty slippery.

Advice, tips, thanks! 

Re: Baby tub to regular tub

• Options
    I haven't switched yet but a friend of mine just put a towel on the bottom of the tub.
  • Options
    My LO became unhappy with the whale tub when he began sitting too, because he didn't like the reclined position. We got this bath seat, and he's been doing great with it: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dream-Baby-Deluxe-Bath-Seat/13213087 He can sit in the big tub fine without it, which is what we do when we stay overnight at Grandma's but having the seat gives me more peace of mind since he's such a squirmy little thing. I don't get in with him, so the seat allows me to just sit next to him instaed of kneeling/bending over to hold him the whole bath which obviously makes things more comfortable for me. Another option for your slippery tub would be a cushion mat. The ones they sell at BRU are really thick and padded and specially designed for babies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just put her in. The bottom is already non-slip.. so we didn't do anything special.
  • Options
    I usually go in the big tub with her,it's a lot of fun. But when I don't feel like it I just fill the tub with about 3 inches of water and put my hand on her back while she sits and plays. She is a super good sitter which I believe la nougatine (thatis your LOs French name, FYI) is as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker 
      imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    we have used a towel, but i prefer our cheap bath mat from target so he doesn't slip around and can sit by himself.
  • Options
    We have one of those inflatible tubs thats sits in the big tub (its a seal but they also have ducks).  I love it she isn't near ready for the big tub plus this takes much less water and there is no way she will bonk her head on the spout. We got ours at target.
  • Options

imageKristenS09:
    We have one of those inflatible tubs thats sits in the big tub (its a seal but they also have ducks).  I love it she isn't near ready for the big tub plus this takes much less water and there is no way she will bonk her head on the spout. We got ours at target.

This exactly. He loves to splash around in it and I feel safer about it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagenajzomax:
    I haven't switched yet but a friend of mine just put a towel on the bottom of the tub.

This is what I did the first few times.  Then once I realized that she could move around without slipping I removed it.  A few times she has tried to stand up in the tub and I give her one warning and tell her no, if she does it again I pull her out of the tub.  

The other thing to watch is the water level.  I try to keep it at a level that if she lays down on her belly (which she likes to do) it doesn't get in her mouth.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We have an old cast iron tub, too, and I lay a folded baby towel down for him to sit on because the tub stays cold so long. I fill the water to my second knuckle if my hand is pointed down, and since our tub is on a slight incline, I put him near the faucet end, since the toys all float down that way.

The first several times, I kept my hand behind his back the whole time. But he hasn't tipped back once yet, so I just let him play now. Unfortunately, our plug has a slow leak, so baths are over when the water runs out! He is fascinated by the plug and wants to pull it up, too. I love bath time so much more now that he's in the big tub.

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I just put him down in the tub. I let him sit for a minute two to splash and play when i first put him in, then lay him down for the washing part. He has just as much fun kicking his legs and splashing. He loves bath time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our LO doesn't sit great on her own yet, but we just lay her down on her back in the big tub.  She loves it so much more than the baby tub or sink cause she can move around.  She actually likes that it's slippery, but I can see how that would be a problem if she was sitting instead of laying down. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"