Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Cutting a Molar??

Our little one is in the throws of teething. She's got nothing yet, but a spike in fever every couple of days, rosy cheeks, stuffy nose, generally fussy/cranky... My DH thinks because she is chewing on our fingers way back where molars will be eventually.

Has anyone ever heard of a baby cutting back teeth first?

This teething thing is for the birds!
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cutting a Molar??

• I've never heard of it until 1 year.

She might also just have some sinus pressure form a cold. It can present as tooth pain and all the other symptoms sound more like a cold than teething.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Babies generally get their bottom two teeth first, then the top two, then the ones on the sides start filling out.  My LO just got his bottom two teeth and he sticks his fingers all the way in like you described.  I don't know why they do that, sometimes he sticks as much of both hands in his mouth as he can!  I doubt she's already getting molars though, it's not as likely.

• Loading the player...
  • DS didn't get his molar first, but he did get it very early (7-8 months). They suck. Hard.
  • Good... I figured, I just wanted some confirmation.

I can't believe they go through all this, just to loose the teeth!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKristinKWashington:
    Good... I figured, I just wanted some confirmation. I can't believe they go through all this, just to loose the teeth!!

No kidding right??!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"