Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Routines

So I'm really wanting to start LO on a routine. He sleeps at night in the RNP and we usually end up putting him in there after he's fallen asleep on one of us. He refuses to be put down for a nap and we've tried everything...a pacifier, some music (he loves DMB!), the fan is on low (he likes  to watch the fans) and if he's in his crib the mobile is on. If he falls asleep with the pacifier in his mouth, he wakes up when it falls out...we go through this several times before stopping with the paci. He naps either in his swing or if he falls asleep with me on the couch. I know he's still young, but I don't want him to get used to what he's doing now. It was so easy with DS1 and I'm running out of ideas on how to get LO to nap/sleep alone in the PNP or his crib. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Routines

• I would like to do the same thing.  I have to lgo back to work in 2 weeks and my mother, who is my daycare would love to have her on some kind of schedule.  I know she is too young but it would help out a lot!  I too don't want her to get used to sleeping where ever she wants. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • One thing I found helpful was that for 3 days I just went with the flow and wrote down when my daughter ate, slept, played, etc... I could then see patterns and was able to build a routine (a flexible one) around her habits.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am finding it hard to get a routine because I am also taking care of my toddler. Is this happening with anyone else?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"