October 2012 Moms

where to find non-disposable nipples with ring

Hi,

So maybe I'm a complete idiot but I am really confused. At the hospital they gave me a ton of abbott and lanisoh 2 and 3 oz little breastmilk storage bottles that screw onto my pump, along with a ton of disposable nipples that screw onto the bottles. I am almost out of the nipples and just want to buy one that is not disposable, but when I look on amazon only the disposable ones have the ring attached. Also I don't understand what you do with the nipples that don't have a ring attached - how do you use those? Sorry I'm sure this is a stupid question. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: where to find non-disposable nipples with ring

• All my nipples have a detached ring. I'm assuming you purchase that separately. Read the reviews, sometimes people will tell you what else you have to buy. Also, on amazon they have a "people who bought this also bought" section. It will probably be there.
    imageimageimage"Image">image
  • Thanks I'll figure it out. I guess the ring fits over the nipple? I had no idea. 

• Loading the player...
  • With the bottles I have you push the nipple through the bottom of the ring. I found this out by watching a youtube video on how to assemble similac bottles. Check that out and see if it's clearer. I also wonder if a LC will beable to help you? 

imageimageimage"Image">image
  • I know madela sells bottle parts on amazon which has the rings your looking for but you'll need nipples too. I have found that madela parts fit the abbott bm storage bottles. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just realized that the playtext newborn gift set with disposable liners i bought back in August but had not opened is missing the pump adaptor kit which includes "one pump-adapter ring, one liner ring, two nipple rings, and two sealing disks." I guess I will buy that and see if those nipple rings work with the bottles, or else just start using the bags. 

I can't believe how much time I just wasted figuring that out. I'm generally a smart lady but this sh*t seems incredibly complicated to me.

And also maybe get the Medela rings and nipples - thanks!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"