Toddlers: 24 Months+

Mom's of 2 or more

For mom's who have been pregnant more than once...how soon did you feel the baby move with your second? I'm only 14 weeks but swear I'm feeling this baby move but it just seems so early. TIA!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Mom's of 2 or more

• I knew for sure it was the baby at 15 weeks with my second. There were a few times before that I thought I might have felt her, but at 15 weeks I was sure it was her :)
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I felt DD move early at 15.5 weeks.  But with this one I started to feel flutters at 13w and then felt a distinct movement at 13.5w.
  • Loading the player...
  • I felt movement with my first at 15 weeks.  It was 18 weeks with DD2, but I had an anterior placenta with her:(
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • 15 weeks with DD2 = )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 14 weeks with DC2 18 weeks with DC3
  • imagembgreenwalt:
    I felt movement with my first at 15 weeks.  It was 18 weeks with DD2, but I had an anterior placenta with her:(

Same here, although it may have been 19 weeks with DS2.  And I didn't feel consistent movement until about 22 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 12 weeks.  It was crazy early!
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • 21 weeks w/ DS1 and 13 ish weeks w/ DS2, anterior placenta w/ both.

Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • I think it was about 14-15 weeks with my second.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 20, 17, and 17 weeks
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Movement/gas it's all the same to me until they give me a big kick in the ribs.  You can tell yourself whatever you want, but at 14 weeks your baby is 3 inches long (head to butt), and 1 oz.- although the arms and legs are fully formed, they far from nudging your uterus.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • I didn't feel #2 move until sometime around 20weeks. I had an anterior placenta.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I felt flutters around 16w (same as my first) but then pretty much  nothing for a couple weeks. But, it was confirmed at my u/s that I have an anterior placenta this time around, so it makes sense. 
  • I felt movement early both times--14 weeks. At 18 weeks with my DS my DH was feeling kicks from the outside. At 17 weeks my second was kicking my ob's hand while he measured me. lol. If you don't carry a lot of weight around your tummy, it's not uncommon to feel movement earlier especially with a second pregnancy.
  • imageMammaBear81:
    Movement/gas it's all the same to me until they give me a big kick in the ribs.  You can tell yourself whatever you want, but at 14 weeks your baby is 3 inches long (head to butt), and 1 oz.- although the arms and legs are fully formed, they far from nudging your uterus.

This. I would say about 17 weeks for both. Anything too much earlier is probably projecting your desire to feel them on some bodily function.

• imageKC_13:
    I felt movement early both times--14 weeks. At 18 weeks with my DS my DH was feeling kicks from the outside. At 17 weeks my second was kicking my ob's hand while he measured me. lol. If you don't carry a lot of weight around your tummy, it's not uncommon to feel movement earlier especially with a second pregnancy.

I gained 13 lbs with DD1 and 6 with DD2, and didn't feel anything until after 17 weeks. I don't think weight has anything to do with what you feel on the inside, unless of course you are eating too much and you mistake gas for LO doing gymnastics.

• 15 weeks for both.

• imageemberlee3:
    12 weeks.  It was crazy early!

Yeah, I think DD3 was 11 weeks.

• imageacaudill75:

imageKC_13:
    I felt movement early both times--14 weeks. At 18 weeks with my DS my DH was feeling kicks from the outside. At 17 weeks my second was kicking my ob's hand while he measured me. lol. If you don't carry a lot of weight around your tummy, it's not uncommon to feel movement earlier especially with a second pregnancy.

I gained 13 lbs with DD1 and 6 with DD2, and didn't feel anything until after 17 weeks. I don't think weight has anything to do with what you feel on the inside, unless of course you are eating too much and you mistake gas for LO doing gymnastics.

Of course, not every thin woman will feel movement early--it's just more likely. There is definitely a correlation between thinner women feeling movement earlier though.

https://voices.yahoo.com/when-feel-baby-move-first-8749969.html

https://www.webmd.com/baby/features/when-feel-baby-move

Also, maybe I'm just hypersensitive but fluttering felt nothing like gas bubbles to me. When I feel that kind of movement gas/poop follows shortly after. That's not the case when you're feeling fluttering. lol.

• imageArnegard:

imageemberlee3:

Oh yeah, at 2 inches and 1/3 of an oz (arms and legs as thin as toothpicks) your LO must have been running a marathon in your uterus for you to feel it.

Does anyone not understand how LITTLE your baby is at this stage?  Just because you don't have to go to the bathroom immediately after your "flutter" doesn't mean it's not gas moving through your system, or a cramp in your uterus.

I'm generally not a Debbie downer, but you ladies seriously need to come back to earth.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • imageMammaBear81:
    imageArnegard:

imageemberlee3:

Oh yeah, at 2 inches and 1/3 of an oz (arms and legs as thin as toothpicks) your LO must have been running a marathon in your uterus for you to feel it.

Does anyone not understand how LITTLE your baby is at this stage?  Just because you don't have to go to the bathroom immediately after your "flutter" doesn't mean it's not gas moving through your system, or a cramp in your uterus.

I'm generally not a Debbie downer, but you ladies seriously need to come back to earth.

Have you ever felt a mosquito land on your arm? They're pretty small as well.

While your baby is still fairly small, there's lots of movement going on. Your uterus is also pretty small at that point too. Anything prior to 12 weeks I'd kind of side eye--I'll give you that--but 12+ weeks is very believable.

It's hard to explain to someone who didn't notice movement until baby was strong enough to give a good kick, but it really doesn't feel anything like gas moving/cramps and on top of that the location is different. It's also probably depending on when your LO was active--both my kids were wigglers during the day but were fairly calm at night so if I were lying down watching tv I could feel acrobatics from 14-16 weeks until it moved to actual kicks/punches.

• Around 13ish weeks, and then not again until a few weeks later.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"