Trying to Get Pregnant

Importance of "2nd estrogen surge" right after O

I posted about this in the waiting to ovulate thread...but is there any significance to a temp drop at 2-3 DPO (second estrogen surge)? If one has a drop at 2-3 DPO could that be a sign of pregnancy and if there is no drop at 2-3 DPO, does that mean you are most likely out that month? I see a lot of pregnancy charts on FF have a drop around 2-3 DPO. 

I didn't have a drop this cycle and this is my first cycle post chemical pregnancy. Maybe my hormones are still wacky or maybe some cycles you just won't have a drop at 2-3 DPO? Anyone know? Thank you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Importance of "2nd estrogen surge" right after O

• Are you asking about a fallback rise? As far as I know, all it means is that your hormones are fluctuating and right around O, that's normal. A lot of the ladies here don't seem to get them, though.

I don't think it's correlated to pregnancy. I've had a fallback for both cycles that I've been charting and am not pregnant yet.

ETA: since you're missing all of your pre-O temps, it's really hard to tell what your pattern actually is. There's no cover line.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagespacepotatoes:

Are you asking about a fallback rise? As far as I know, all it means is that your hormones are fluctuating and right around O, that's normal. A lot of the ladies here don't seem to get them, though.

I don't think it's correlated to pregnancy. I've had a fallback for both cycles that I've been charting and am not pregnant yet.

ETA: since you're missing all of your pre-O temps, it's really hard to tell what your pattern actually is. There's no cover line.

This. From everything I've read it's not something to be concerned about but is also not correlated with pregnancy.

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • FWIW I never had a temp drop the cycle I got my bfp. I also have seen temp drops the cycles I was waiting to ttc so I really don't think a temp drop around that time frame means anything.
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • imagespacepotatoes:

Are you asking about a fallback rise? As far as I know, all it means is that your hormones are fluctuating and right around O, that's normal. A lot of the ladies here don't seem to get them, though.

Thanks for replying. Yes - fallback rise. But I was wondering if it is considered "normal" to have this happen during your cycle and thus "abnormal" when it doesn't happen. I know I am missing my temps pre-O but I do know that my temp hasn't dropped since I ovulated...indicating no fallback rise. 

• Thank you all for your replies. I knew this month was a shot in the dark for trying right after the C/P, but we thought we would give it a try. I didn't know if not having the fallback rise meant my hormones were just not "normal" yet or if it was just something that happened during some cycles. Thanks again! 

• imageStarBurstL77:
    imagespacepotatoes:

Thanks for replying. Yes - fallback rise. But I was wondering if it is considered "normal" to have this happen during your cycle and thus "abnormal" when it doesn't happen. I know I am missing my temps pre-O but I do know that my temp hasn't dropped since I ovulated...indicating no fallback rise. 

I got the impression after reading TCOYF that not having the fallback was more "normal" but from what I've read online, both are common. I don't think it's abnormal either way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You're definitely still in it for this month, GL to you!

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"