December 2012 Moms
Options

Turning a breech baby question

So after LO being breech for the first time since 20 weeks on Wed, I have been doing everything I can to get LO to turn. I studied spinningbabies.com for suggestions and have been doing those exercises plus the one my OB suggested. Yesterday, I could tell LO was sideways (as could anyone else who could see my belly) but today it's not quite so obvious. I think her butt is getting close to where it's supposed to be, as I'm getting more of the pushing around my belly button (she really likes to push her butt out when she's active, for some reason), but it's lower than it was so I'm not sure where she is...and of course, she just refuses to kick (because that would help me know where she is) and spends all day squirming and leaving me questioning where she is. I really DON'T want a c-section, so I want to do all I can to get her turned.I have to wait until Tues for another ultrasound, at which point they'll decide to try a version or schedule a c-section if she's still breech (and they don't sound positive on wanting to try the version since she's got a 2 vessel cord) but I don't want to spend all weekend trying to turn her if I'm going to end up undoing all my hard work by being overly ambitious. My question is this...if she has turned back to head-down (or is getting close) and I continue to do the spinning babies exercises, is there any chance of me turning her so much she goes back breech?

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

Re: Turning a breech baby question

• Options
    The exercises are fine to do even if she's turned head down. I was I the same position last week. I thought she turned but wasn't sure.  I did some research and everything I read said it wouldn't hurt to keep doing them even if they were head down.  Hopefully she turned for you! Btw, she didn't turn head down for me till 36 weeks.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

The exercises don't encourage a baby to change position - they encourage baby to change to head-down. Doing more of them is not going to hurt at all. If baby is going to flip back, she'll flip back and there's really no stopping her.

Have you considered a chiropractor? One certified in the Webster technique can make sure your back/pelvis/sacrum are in alignment to give baby the best positioning possible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    #3 Due April 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAmyRI:

The exercises don't encourage a baby to change position - they encourage baby to change to head-down. Doing more of them is not going to hurt at all. If baby is going to flip back, she'll flip back and there's really no stopping her.

Have you considered a chiropractor? One certified in the Webster technique can make sure your back/pelvis/sacrum are in alignment to give baby the best positioning possible.

I have definitely considered it..I don't have time to schedule an appt with one before next Tues, but since I'm assuming they'll schedule the c-section closer to 40 weeks (b/c there's no reason I see to do it earlier) I totally plan on trying to get a few appts in before D-day in hopes that they can get her to turn.

• Options
    imagekerbear135:
    imageAmyRI:

I have definitely considered it..I don't have time to schedule an appt with one before next Tues, but since I'm assuming they'll schedule the c-section closer to 40 weeks (b/c there's no reason I see to do it earlier) I totally plan on trying to get a few appts in before D-day in hopes that they can get her to turn.

Yeah, I'd guess you'll have a couple weeks to keep trying, too. I found a chiro with hours only in the evenings - earliest appt was 3:30! So it made scheduling super simple. Got my transverse babe to flip after the 2nd adjustment. Good luck, hope she's already head down for you!

#3 Due April 2016
  • Options
    imageAmyRI:
    imagekerbear135:
    imageAmyRI:

Yeah, I'd guess you'll have a couple weeks to keep trying, too. I found a chiro with hours only in the evenings - earliest appt was 3:30! So it made scheduling super simple. Got my transverse babe to flip after the 2nd adjustment. Good luck, hope she's already head down for you!

If only I can get so lucky if she won't do it on her own! She's been head down until just now, I have no idea why she decided to flip, but that's just been my luck with this pregnancy so far. It's really encouraging to know that there are still options to try.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"