LGBT Parenting
Options

Friday Fluff

I am need of some holiday cheer.  Maybe you are too.  So....describe your ideal holiday gathering:  What holiday are you celebrating? Who is there?  Where is it? And, of course, what are you eating?

Re: Friday Fluff

• Options
    We celebrate Christmas so maybe a Christmas Eve party. I always wanted one of those big house parties where your family and neighbors come. So my family would be there, select family of A's that still consider me family and talk to me all of the time even though A forbid them to *eye roll*, my friends including K and L and their family (they both live out of state). And it would all be catered so I did not have to do any work. Losts of finger foods and nothing that requires everyone to sit down. There would be games for the kids and little presents for all of them at the end.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yea, I always loved going to one of my parent's friends house Christmas Night. It was low-key, so no one dressed up - just lots of good food and alcohol flowing and kids running around.

But we don't have any family nearby, or a lot of friends, and L prefers a relaxing/low-key Christmas - so it won't happen. :P

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think my ideal gathering would be on Thanksgiving, as that's my favorite holiday.  It would be a combination of the 2 types of celebrations that I have had in the past.

I would get up early and cook all day with my Mom and Sister.  Then both S's and my family would sit down for our Thanksgiving meal, with great wines (that I could drink because I would no longer be pregnant). 

After that, round 2 would start where all of my friends living in the area without family around would come over for their Thanksgiving meal (I used to do this every year, and we called it "Orphan's Thanksgiving").  Everything would be buffet style and kept warm on hotplates, etc.  And everyone would just grab a piece of couch, or chair, or whatever and watch football and talk and drink and have fun at their own pace.

And the best part would be that a magic cleaning fairy (typically known as S, but not in this case), would stay in the kitchen and clean EVERYTHING up so we could all just spend the time enjoying each other.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options

My ideal holiday gathering would be a friends and family Festivus celebration.  We'd hold it in mid-December, to avoid the craziness and religious implications of the Christmas season, because I wouldn't want anyone to feel left out.  I'd hold it at a close friend's mom's house in Southern California, and all my college friends would be invited, along with her mom, my mom, my sister and niece, and some of my friends' siblings and partners.

We'd cook a big meal of everyone's favorite holiday foods, play games, and watch nerdy movies.  Then we would have an actual airing of grievances (because this group needs it) and feats of strength (because, well, LOL), and drink wine late into the evening just hanging out.

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"