March 2013 Moms

23 weeks & baby stopped kicking.

She was kicking up a storm 2 days ago. And yesterday was very minimal. Now today, no kicks.

I'm getting worried now. Should I be? Has anyone experienced this and things turned out alright?

Ugh.. I just want her kicks back to make me feel better.

Re: 23 weeks & baby stopped kicking.

• If you are concerned and haven't felt movement I would call your doctor and see what they say. If you are still worried after that I would go up to the hospital. Obviously try drinking a sugary drink and other things that will encourage movement.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you have been super active lately you may not feel to much movement. I know DH and I did a 5 mile hike one day and the next day my active little boy didn't seen to move....after resting for about a day he started kicking like a black belt. But if you are worried call you doctors office.
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree with the PPs. This has happened to me a couple times already, my little kickboxer has had a few quiet days here and there where I got a little worried. Everything is fine though. Best wishes!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Some days my little guy is not as active as others, he likes it when i take a bath, might try that.  or a little bit of pepsi or juice. but if you are stressing too much, give your doctor a call my doctor has always told me threre are not any stupid questions.

• I was about to post this same question: I'm also 23 weeks and haven't felt my previously active little nugget push in a few days. My doc told me at my last appointment that this could happen and not to panic, so I'm trying to relax. That said, if I don't feel something by the end of the weekend, I'm calling.

Calm. I am calm.... 

"Can I call your baby 'Ze Munchkin,' or 'ZM' for short?" - my best friend
  • It really sucks when you stop feeling those kicks on a regular basis.  I've had a few days like that too, baby kicks up a storm one day, then I feel almost nothing the next day!

She's still moving about in there too, I'm sure of it.  And that's going to determine how much of her movement I feel, based upon which way she's oriented (and what she's kicking).  So I try not to panic!  But if you haven't felt anything in another day or two, then I don't see why you shouldn't contact your doctor's office. 

Pay close attention to the movements you may have started to stop actively noticing.  Sometimes I realize she's moving in there, but they're like much smaller, shorter muscle spasms than I'm accustomed to lately, and it can be easy to not consciously notice them.  HTH! 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"