March 2013 Moms
Options

Terrible gas pains what to take?

This gas is getting terrible and painful! What have your doctors told you it was safe to take? I need something...

Re: Terrible gas pains what to take?

• Options
    I always take Gas X if I need to, but it doesn't really help.  The only thing that ever truly helps when it gets bad is curling up in a ball in my bed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

A favorite in my family is to rock in a rocking chair. 

Not sure if the rocking motion acts like rhythmic contactions of the intestines to move things along or what it does but it does help.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pelvic rocks and rolling from hip to back to hip tend to get things moving along for me.  Sounds silly but it works.
  • Options

I have to ask ... has anyone experienced gas pains in their sides/back?  I know that sounds strange.  But I woke up with a dull ache that was intense enough to make me feel borderline vomit-y the other night (ie. the pain woke me up at 6am), and it was around my back on my right side where you might expect your kidney to be.

Not long after it woke me up, I had this sudden urge to take a BM (which was accompanied by the release of gas), and immediately afterwards, I started to feel better.  I'm quite sure it's not my gallbladder, as I've experienced that pain before and it's always been much higher up.  All I could figure it was, was gas trapped somewhere I've never felt it before.

Sorry to derail your thread.  I just had to ask if anyone else is experiencing gas pains in new and exciting places! 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"