August 2012 Moms

My Baby is 3 months old today!! PIP

I can't believe DD2 is already 3 months! Just wanted to share a few pics of my little cutie I took today = )

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My Baby is 3 months old today!! PIP

• So cute! The cubby cheeks! The hair! The dainty eyebrows!

Is she always so serious?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLindsayDesigner:
    So cute! The cubby cheeks! The hair! The dainty eyebrows! Is she always so serious?

Thanks! The only time she was smiling was when she was looking away from the camera and at DD1 lol 

• Loading the player...
  • Awe look at that hair!  
    BabyFruit Ticker

• she is adorable. I love all her dark hair.
  • So much hair! cute photos.
    imageimage
  • What a cutie!

• Too Cute!!!

So I'm curious . . . do you have a photography studio in your home???  I love the backgrounds you used.  What are those lights in the backgrounds of your siggy picture???

I'm guessing you have really good light in your home and use a good SLR camera?  The ligting in my house is so-so.  So sometimes its hit or miss how my pictures are going to trn out.  Plus I only use a point and shoot camera - it's a pretty good one (its new), but still not SLR quality!

Sorry if I'm being nosey!  :-)

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageToni79:

Too Cute!!!

So I'm curious . . . do you have a photography studio in your home???  I love the backgrounds you used.  What are those lights in the backgrounds of your siggy picture???

I'm guessing you have really good light in your home and use a good SLR camera?  The ligting in my house is so-so.  So sometimes its hit or miss how my pictures are going to trn out.  Plus I only use a point and shoot camera - it's a pretty good one (its new), but still not SLR quality!

No studio here = ), I am a hobbyist and bought my first DSLR this Summer. For the pics I posted, all I did was use a sherpa blanket on top of a boppy and put it infront of DD's bedroom wall which is purple. 

As for my siggy pics, I bought a few packs of white icicle lights (on white string) and taped them to my bedroom wall (which is dark beige). I then put the sherpa blanket on the bed and took the pictures. The reason I am able to get the "twinkle light" effect on the pics is because I am using a 50mm lens with an aperture of 1.8.  You can still do quite a bit with a point and shoot camera especially if you can take pictures where you choose your settings and can play with it = )

As for the lighting, I don't have very good lighting in my home and the thing that has made a world of difference in my pictures is my speedlite!!!! It absolutely is the best purchase I have made (other then my camera of course, lol) and I just love it!

You can check out the photography board if you'd like, you would learn a lot!! 

• imageJulySpark05:
    imageToni79:

Too Cute!!!

No studio here = ), I am a hobbyist and bought my first DSLR this Summer. For the pics I posted, all I did was use a sherpa blanket on top of a boppy and put it infront of DD's bedroom wall which is purple. 

As for my siggy pics, I bought a few packs of white icicle lights (on white string) and taped them to my bedroom wall (which is dark beige). I then put the sherpa blanket on the bed and took the pictures. The reason I am able to get the "twinkle light" effect on the pics is because I am using a 50mm lens with an aperture of 1.8.  You can still do quite a bit with a point and shoot camera especially if you can take pictures where you choose your settings and can play with it = )

As for the lighting, I don't have very good lighting in my home and the thing that has made a world of difference in my pictures is my speedlite!!!! It absolutely is the best purchase I have made (other then my camera of course, lol) and I just love it!

Thanks so much for the reply!  I didn't notice there was a photography board!  I should definatly check it out! 

Considering you only got your DSLR camera over the summer, your pictures looks so professional!

I was supposed to get a DSLR camera over the summer.  BUT . . . my point and shoot camera (that I loved - Sony Cyber Shot) fell and broke.  No longer under warranty.  So. I ended up getting a new point and shoot (newer CyberShot) instead.  I knew even if I got a DSLR I'd still want a point and shoot for convience (like going out with the girls, etc).  So the DSLR camera got pushed back - maybe next year.

My point and shoot does have some neat featuers.  I just haven;t played with them all yet!  But your photos have motivated me!

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageToni79:
    imageJulySpark05:
    imageToni79:

Too Cute!!!

Thanks so much for the reply!  I didn't notice there was a photography board!  I should definatly check it out! 

Considering you only got your DSLR camera over the summer, your pictures looks so professional!

I was supposed to get a DSLR camera over the summer.  BUT . . . my point and shoot camera (that I loved - Sony Cyber Shot) fell and broke.  No longer under warranty.  So. I ended up getting a new point and shoot (newer CyberShot) instead.  I knew even if I got a DSLR I'd still want a point and shoot for convience (like going out with the girls, etc).  So the DSLR camera got pushed back - maybe next year.

My point and shoot does have some neat featuers.  I just haven;t played with them all yet!  But your photos have motivated me!

You're welcome and thank you!

Yeah, I totally know what you mean, when I am just in a hurry, I usually just bring my point and shoot with me since it's easier to carry and stuff. I also have a Sony Cybershot, lol, I got if for Christmas last year. Definitely a good camera and you do have the option of manual so try playing with it and read the manual to learn even more. Check out the scene selections. Also, one site that really helped was this one, you can check it out:  https://my3boybarians.com/31-days-to-a-better-photo/  Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"