2nd Trimester

Idea of birth weight based on percentile?

Baby is in the 41st percentile. I am trying to see what a predicted birth weight would be. Anyone know, or have a link to a helpful website. I couldn't find what I was looking for on google. I am guessing around 6-7 pounds, but I have no clue why.

Thanks ladies!

Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: Idea of birth weight based on percentile?

• imagedoeie04:

Baby is in the 41st percentile. I am trying to see what a predicted birth weight would be. Anyone know, or have a link to a helpful website. I couldn't find what I was looking for on google. I am guessing around 6-7 pounds, but I have no clue why.

Thanks ladies!

50th percentile is average from what I remember and thats 6.5lbs a good way to average it is you and your DH at birth baring any medical reasons this LO would be bigger.

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLadyDelilah:
    imagedoeie04:

Thanks ladies!

50th percentile is average from what I remember and thats 6.5lbs a good way to average it is you and your DH at birth baring any medical reasons this LO would be bigger.

I was 6lb. 12oz. he was over 10 pounds. That would make around an 8 pounder. But baby is measuring in the 41st percentile, and that would be smaller than that....

Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • my baby was in the 27th percentile at 19 weeks. I didn't think this would have anything to do with birth weight since they change over time, no?
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • imageRussianMommy:
    my baby was in the 27th percentile at 19 weeks. I didn't think this would have anything to do with birth weight since they change over time, no?

It really doesnt. Your baby will be whatever they are. But the theory of percentile aside at 16weeks my baby measured 20. So theres that.... Both my kids were 8.4 and 8.8 so on the larger side of average.

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I tried to figure this out with my last daughter based on an ultrasound at 35 weeks. She was measuring pretty small and I estimated she'd only be 5 lbs 12 oz at 40 weeks. She was born at 39 weeks at 7 lbs 4 oz, so that was way off.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• I actually found/downloaded a chart a few weeks ago when I got my own estimates.

I don't have each percentile on the chart, but there is a 25th and a 50th column, so you can guess somewhere in between for 41st percentile (closer to 50th, but not by much)

At 40 weeks, 50th is ~7.24lbs
    At 40 weeks, 25th is ~6.67lbs

At 37 weeks (term), 50th is ~6.13lbs
    At 37 weeks (term), 25th is ~5.65lbs

Hope that helps a little.

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You will have no idea BC who knows how long you carry the baby. My husband was a small 7 lb I was 7 lbs 11 oz. My DS was 8 lbs 4 oz
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Even if they measure your baby a week before you deliver it will most likely be wrong. I had appointments every week and she was 2 lbs heavier then they guessed they week before. Also at the stage she was in the average range then by week 30 she has slowed down to way under average. Hard to say
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"