July 2012 Moms
Options

If you feed cereal, when?

We started oatmeal a few days ago.  I give him his morning bottle then the oatmeal maybe an hour later.  I have been doing the night time oatmeal around 5ish, but find he has a hard time finishing his bottle at night before bed.  Should I be doing the second oatmeal feeding after the bottle maybe? So maybe bottle around 6ish then feed oatmeal, then bed?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: If you feed cereal, when?

• Options

it's optional at this point, so we give it to her when we have time to sit down and do it right. usually around dinner time. sometimes as a distraction before the witching hour. 

if she's too hungry, she wont eat it, and will cry for her bottle. so sometimes after her bottle.

• Options
    The way I do it is I use the "solids" as a meal replacement. I use the bottle as a top off. She typically eats every 2 hours or so. Her bedtime is 7 and she gets a bottle then. For her 5 o'clock feeding I will give her solids chased by formula. Then proceed with her normal bedtime bottle.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At this age, it is more important that he get the milk over the cereal.  So maybe skip the evening cereal and just give a bottle.  Or if you want to do cereal twice a day, do it in the mid-afternoon instead.  Food at this age is just for fun and practice and you can increase the cereal later on. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Options
    imageAPendola:
    At this age, it is more important that he get the milk over the cereal.nbsp; So maybe skip the evening cereal and just give a bottle.nbsp; Or if you want to do cereal twice a day, do it in the midafternoon instead.nbsp; Food at this age is just for fun and practice and you can increase the cereal later on.nbsp;

This !
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"