April 2013 Moms
Options

Am I making this up?

I feel like my teeth aren't as white as normal. I don't bleach them or anything, but the other night I noticed they didn't look as white. I haven't changed any of my teeth cleaning habits. Other than my vitamins, I don't take medications. Could this pregnancy cause my teeth to fade? Am I nuts?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Am I making this up?

• Options
    I don't know that PG would cause them to fade, but I do know your dental health can suffer while you're PG. Something about increased blood flow to the gums? 
  • Options
    Are you checking them in different lighting? Drinking any teas or dark colored beverages? I haven't heard of pregnancy darkening them... :)
    carrie ~ me-at-carrie.cc ~ 4/21/2007
    * blog * first baby blog * baby 2.0 blog * twitter *

IMG_0578

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejennery:

Don't know if this "real science" per se, but a friend of mine had a lot of cavities during her first pregnancy and she was told it was due to the body taking calcium from the teeth which weakens them. I'm thinking losing calcium could thin the teeth and make them appear less white??

Again, not science, and I'm not bothering to even google.

I thought that could be the issues--losing calcium. I tried googling, but didn't come up with an answer. I have a dentist appointment in 2 weeks; I will have to ask them.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagenone5:
    imagejennery:

Don't know if this "real science" per se, but a friend of mine had a lot of cavities during her first pregnancy and she was told it was due to the body taking calcium from the teeth which weakens them. I'm thinking losing calcium could thin the teeth and make them appear less white??

Again, not science, and I'm not bothering to even google.

I thought that could be the issues--losing calcium. I tried googling, but didn't come up with an answer. I have a dentist appointment in 2 weeks; I will have to ask them.

Not sure about the colour of teeth, but I had NEVER in my life had a cavity until I was pg. After 2 back to back pg I had 7 cavities. Now I understand why people don't like the dentist. I never got the reference to the drill before now. Thanks pg.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"