Working Moms

PSA Ameda has excellent customer service

I purchased my Ameda Purely Yours Ultra when I had DD, she will be three in Feb.  About 10 months into using it the pump started acting funny.  I called customer service and the person I spoke with  said she thought it was the power supply, not sure if others have this issue but it twists up very easily,  but that she was going to replace the motor and cord given my warranty was almost up and she was not certain what was causing the issue.  So I used it about a month or so before packing it away.  I got it back out when I had DS in June and today during my first session it stopped working and made a weird noise.  I knew the pump was out of warranty but I had used it maybe a total of 6 months so I called just to see if the rep. could tell me if it was something that could easily and inexpensively be fixed, such as buying a new powercord.  She said the blet went up and that I needed a new unit.  She then went on to say they were going to make a warrently exception and replace it.  I was floored I in no way expected that.  I am glad I called vs. just going out and buying a new one. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PSA Ameda has excellent customer service

• I second this. My pump went after using it about a year and I didn't have the receipt or anything, but they replaced it immediately.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I will third this.  I had several small issues with my pump and they always sent what I needed no questions and very fast. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Good to know. Ameda (not exactly sure which one) is the pump that is now 100% covered on my insurance. I had a crappy manual pump with DS (didn't BF very long because of reflux issues) so I'm excited to try a better pump with baby #2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Ameda is wonderful. They are so helpful and when they replace your pump ( I went through two with DD) they are super quick about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used my pump about 4 times and it died. I called and they sent a replacement that I received in like 3 days, no questions asked. Great service but I'm planning to just sell the replacement pump. I didn't like it the few times I used it (compared to my PISA), and I don't feel like taking chances on another one.

Now that I see how many people on this board have had problems with Ameda pumps, I'm convinced it's the right decision.

We love our little guys!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJennJenn613:

I used my pump about 4 times and it died. I called and they sent a replacement that I received in like 3 days, no questions asked. Great service but I'm planning to just sell the replacement pump. I didn't like it the few times I used it (compared to my PISA), and I don't feel like taking chances on another one.

Now that I see how many people on this board have had problems with Ameda pumps, I'm convinced it's the right decision.

Out of curiosity, I only have around 6 more months of pumping so I would not switch brands anyway at least not this time around, but what did you like better about your PISA?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"