Babies: 0 - 3 Months

when can you take the baby running?

My baby is 8 weeks old and I would like to take her on my power walks / runs (I alternate).  I have a great jogging stroller, the car seat attachment and a carry cot for it.  I just feel like I was told I had to wait a long time with DS, but since I was too overwhelmed I don't remember. Thanks
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: when can you take the baby running?

• I think you can take her anytime! My DD is 6 weeks old and I take her walking/running. I just bundle her up, since it's pretty cold.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Read the jogging stroller manual.  If I recall right baby doesn't have the neck muscles to withstand a bumpy ride from running until 6 months.  A power walk might be ok around 3 months though.

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I just checked the instructions and all I can find on them and the website is that babies up to six months old must only use the seat in full recline or one of the other newborn options.
  • your jogger sounds like mine.  The carseat area w/ the cot. I used it from day one. No problems!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCLLDLL:
    Read the jogging stroller manual.nbsp; If I recall right baby doesn't have the neck muscles to withstand a bumpy ride from running until 6 months.nbsp; A power walk might be ok around 3 months though.

I'm a runner as wel and I have also heard 6 months is the earliest you can take them out in a running stroller. I read somewhere it was actually recommended to wait until after a year. I would definately check with your pedi and consult your strollers manual.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't until he has good head control.

• imageCLLDLL:

Read the jogging stroller manual.  If I recall right baby doesn't have the neck muscles to withstand a bumpy ride from running until 6 months.  A power walk might be ok around 3 months though.

this. 6 months 

• I understood it to be 6 months as well before they could "go running".
  • I have a BOB, and am a regular runner.  I believe the manual does say 6 months, however our pedi said that once our son had good head control we were fine.  I started running with him at 4 months.  No problems. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"