April 2012 Moms

Applesauce?

I tried giving my babies applesauce this morning, all natural, the only ingredients are apples and water, and they both scowled at it. One of them was spitting it out. 

PI make my own baby food, and apples are annoying to cook and deal with, so I figured this would be like I'd makeanyways, with the texture. I tried warming it up, even adding a pinch of cinnamon. They hate it.

Anyone else have this experience, it's so weird, they love apples in their fruit nets.  

Married 07/2011 <3
ID Twin girls 04/2012 <3<3
Baby #3 Due Jan. 2017  <3

Re: Applesauce?

• Mine doesn't like apples by themselves either. So i always mix it with something else. Pear, Peaches, Chicken.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Francesca is not a fan either. She likes her nana's, apples with berries, and pears. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine likes apples, but hates bannanas.  I read that you need to keep trying the food they initally don't like.  It could take up to ten tries of a food for them to really decide if they don't like it or not.  I'm currently doing this with all green veggies.  Anything orange he will inhale, but put peas or green beans in his mouth and you would think I am feeding him posion.  I have found mixing the disliked food with something they like helps, and I gradually decrease whatever they liked.  Now J will eat peas solo, and about an ounce of green beans before he figures it out.  I make his food also, so its a little work, but I am determined to not have a picky eater.  (Hopefully). Big Smile
  • imagedragonmommy422:
    Mine likes apples, but hates bannanas.  I read that you need to keep trying the food they initally don't like.  It could take up to ten tries of a food for them to really decide if they don't like it or not.  I'm currently doing this with all green veggies.  Anything orange he will inhale, but put peas or green beans in his mouth and you would think I am feeding him posion.  I have found mixing the disliked food with something they like helps, and I gradually decrease whatever they liked.  Now J will eat peas solo, and about an ounce of green beans before he figures it out.  I make his food also, so its a little work, but I am determined to not have a picky eater.  (Hopefully). Big Smile

thanks, I've had some of those same issues with green beans and peas, I think it's the texture of homeade food like that, with skin. It's hard to get it silky smooth at home. But mine have gotten over that too. I'll keep trying the applesauce, like you and others said.

Thanks!  

Married 07/2011 <3
    ID Twin girls 04/2012 <3<3
    Baby #3 Due Jan. 2017  <3

• DS isn't a fan either. He'll take a few bites with a 'whatever' look on his face and then refuse any more. Which stinks because all natural apple sauce is the easiest thing to give him when I forget to defrost the stuff we've made. And that happens a lot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"