January 2013 Moms
Options

S/O Waxing your ladybits

When I was pregnant last time, I was on TB and the girls were talking about how you should not be clean shaven down there for labour, it is bad for the baby or something....?

Am I crazy or has anyone else heard of this? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/O Waxing your ladybits

• Options
    Never heard that and I've been at 100s of births (I'm a NICU nurse). I was bare for DDs birth (and plan to be for this one as well) because it is how I am comfortable and the thought of all the gore & mess of afterbirth with hair down there makes me cringe!! :)  Out of the 20+ OBs I've worked with I've never heard one say anything about a preference! 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagePrivacyWanted:

Never heard of that.

I will say everyone should make sure the top front in trimmed way down/waxed or shaven in the event you have a c/s.  Otherwise the nurse will do it for you, and I've heard it's not pretty

That's good to know, I was actually wondering where exactly they do the incision for a c-section so I'd be prepared if it goes that way. 

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagePrivacyWanted:

Never heard of that.

I will say everyone should make sure the top front in trimmed way down/waxed or shaven in the event you have a c/s.  Otherwise the nurse will do it for you, and I've heard it's not pretty

Yeah, I was not bad with DS but the nurse did have to do some trimming. I actually had the OR nurses making comments about her work when they were putting in the catheter. Talk about awkward! (and unprofessional)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think it stems from the pubic hair being there to keep out germs and bacteria. You're supposed to have hair there as a layer of protection. I've never heard a dr say that someone hurt their baby by waxing though.
  • Options

In some of the reading material I received about c sections it just says that if you usually don't shave don't do it the night before the c section.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"