June 2013 Moms
Options

Baby gear for lo

I'm trying to come up with a list of things needed for lo2 and I'm needing some advice and tips We have everything frm lo 1 but everything is pink.( Infant car seat, stroller, bassinet) We aren't planning on finding out the gender of lo2. So my question is do you think I should buy all new gender neutral things. Or just keep all baby items and wait to see what the gender is. I have no clue what to do. We are also on a tight budget. Any suggestions? 
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Baby gear for lo

• Options

I looked at changing the car seat cover, but most website are over prices. I guess I'm worried if a boy and pink car. I always hated when say oh it's a girl when it's a boy. We never used our infant car seat. I hated carrying it. I guess your right, 80% of time we use one of the infant carriers since I did bf for the first 6mths. Are you buying another crib?  

• Options
    Hmm. Well you kind of put yourself in a tough spot buy getting girl specific gear the first time and not finding out sex this time, but your decisions are your decisions!

If budget is an issue, I wouldn't go buy all new gear. You might just have to deal with having a boy in girl gear. He won't mind. After baby comes and if it's a boy, I'd suggest making a budget for gear and trying to save for one item at a time. When you're able, splurge on the item you think is most important. But no sense doing any of it now before you know what you'll have. HTH!
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you're tight on money keep everything.  If it turns out to be a boy and you're really worried about people being jerkwads, get a new car seat/stroller after the baby is born.  The rest of the stuff will be used in your house so WGAF, you know?  But if you think for even a second that you might have another kid, do yourself a favor and go neutral on anything new you buy.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options

I agree -- buy what is absolutely necessary in neutrals, and then hold off on anything else. Save all of your girl things just in case, and if it happens to be a boy, sell it and use that money for boy clothes. But from here on out, stick with the neutrals, just in case you have another after this. 

Did you find out the sex of the first child? 

• Options

Not to be snarky, but this is why you don't buy pink for the first one Wink

I would wait and see. Save up and set the money aside in case you want/need to get new stuff, but don't buy it until after LO is born.

For the stroller, are you considering a double stroller? That would solve that issue, anyway.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Mostly, I would say who cares, keep the pink. For the car seat, depending on how old you LO is and how much wear and tear it has undergone, I would consider a new one. Ours is pretty damaged, just from normal wear, and I wouldn't feel comfortable putting a newborn in it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, I did know that the gender was first time. On a accident the sono tech blurt it out. I never thought of even having another lo for a very long time. It was a surprise for me. 
  • Options
    I personally wouldn't buy a thing, gear wise.  Who cares if it's pink??
    We said "I Do" on 9/27/2008!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"