September 2011 Moms

GTKY: Winter!

How do you feel about winter in general?

What's your favorite thing about winter?

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day?

Do you enjoy any winter sports (participating or watching)?

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter?

Best winter fashion?

What christmas present are you pining for?

Where are you celebrating Christmas (with family, on vacation, just at home)?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GTKY: Winter!

• How do you feel about winter in general?  It's pretty if it snows, but if it's just plain freezing and miserable, no thank you!

What's your favorite thing about winter?  A very light snowfall, and Christmas :)

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day?  Not particularly. 

Do you enjoy any winter sports (participating or watching)? I used to ski, but haven't in...6 years or so?  I do miss it

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter?  I'm hoping to get him outside in the snow to play, but I remember my nephew at this age.  He hated the snow and cried because his snowsuit was too bulky and he couldn't walk in his boots.

Best winter fashion?  Scarves

What christmas present are you pining for?  An under armour hoodie. :)  I just bought myself my Cameo (DH won't let that be my gift this year lol)

Where are you celebrating Christmas (with family, on vacation, just at home)? family, always.

• How do you feel about winter in general?  I like it. 

What's your favorite thing about winter?  I love going outside at night during a big snow storm.  I love a big snow storm in general.  I LOVE SNOW!

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day? Not at all.  I sort of despise it, actually.

Do you enjoy any winter sports (participating or watching)?  I'm a figure skater.  I skated competitively for my whole childhood, and I still really love to skate, even though I don't go much anymore.  I also ski, and I love watching most winter sports.

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter?  Playing in the snow.  Did I say that I love the snow?

Best winter fashion?  I'm not a fashionista by any stretch of the imagination.  I love warm cozy hats and mittens.

What christmas present are you pining for?  Nothing really.  I think the only thing I've really asked anyone for is a plaid flannel shirt.

Where are you celebrating Christmas (with family, on vacation, just at home)?  At home and with family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...

• How do you feel about winter in general? -- love/hate relationship

What's your favorite thing about winter?-- comfort food!

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day?-- I feel special everyday by my husband :)

Do you enjoy any winter sports (participating or watching)?-- nope!

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter? -- maybe seeing a REAL winter in Pittsburgh compared to Georgia's 'winter'

Best winter fashion?-- scarves and boots!

What christmas present are you pining for? -- I got a awesome camera, new car, and a baby in my belly... That's all I need! Christmas came early for me!

Where are you celebrating Christmas (with family, on vacation, just at home)? -- at home with our growing little family!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                  Madison & Rylee
                             All of me loves all of you!
  • How do you feel about winter in general? not a fan

What's your favorite thing about winter? the holiday season

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day? it's ok

Do you enjoy any winter sports (participating or watching)? No

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter? building a snowman

Best winter fashion? scarves

What christmas present are you pining for? riding boots

Where are you celebrating Christmas (with family, on vacation, just at home)? morning at our place, afternoon at my moms or aunts
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How do you feel about winter in general? Love! But wish it was sunnier here.

What's your favorite thing about winter? Snow of course.

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day? Hate it.

Do you enjoy any winter sports (participating or watching)? I like participating - I downhill and xcountry ski, snow shoe, slet, etc.

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter? I can't wait to take her downhill skiing. I grew up in CO, so it is in her blood. My dad just got DD skis, but I since standing is a challenge right now, I'm guessing she'll have to wait until next year...but we'll see, maybe we'll give it a shot.

Best winter fashion? Scarves

What christmas present are you pining for? Not sure.

Where are you celebrating Christmas (with family, on vacation, just at home)? Going home to CO, then will spend the weekend after Christmas with the inlaws. Next year I plan to stay home.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • How do you feel about winter in general?  not a huge fan.  I prefer spring or fall

What's your favorite thing about winter?  cozying up with the family drinking hot chocolate

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day?  no...it's overrated and just okay.

Do you enjoy any winter sports (participating or watching)?  nah

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter?  maybe watching her experience her first real snow?  We got her a snowsuit this year

Best winter fashion?  scarves and zip-up hoodies

What christmas present are you pining for?  i really need to think about this more.  mostly I just want giftcards to buy myself clothes.

Where are you celebrating Christmas (with family, on vacation, just at home)?  at my parents house this year.  we may go to the ILs on the 23rd or 24th. 

• imagelinzica:

How do you feel about winter in general? Winter? What winter? (says the Florida girl) :-)

What's your favorite thing about winter? See above.

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day? No, I think it's just a Hallmark holiday.

Do you enjoy any winter sports (participating or watching)? I used to be a (pretty bad) figure skater when I was a kid.

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter? Going to the beach. Stick out tongue

Best winter fashion? Closed-toed shoes, so you don't have to paint your nails.

What christmas present are you pining for? I would love a nice big gift card to a high-end department store

Where are you celebrating Christmas (with family, on vacation, just at home)? My parents are coming down to Florida.

• How do you feel about winter in general? I like it

What's your favorite thing about winter? skating!

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day? Yeah. We don't go all out, but we make it special

Do you enjoy any winter sports (participating or watching)? skating, downhill skiing, sledding

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter? sledding with him!

Best winter fashion? scarves. also, warm tights & leggings

What Christmas present are you pining for? I know what I'm getting. DH bought me a dress I had wanted + pitched in to help me get the curtains I wanted

Where are you celebrating Christmas (with family, on vacation, just at home)? with family

• How do you feel about winter in general?

What's your favorite thing about winter? Snow that covers up all of the ugly brown lawns, shrubs, trees, etc. Especially the snow that "glitters."

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day? I could do without it. I'd much rather have a random act of love from DH than a day specifically designated for it where there's pressure to get gifts/presents/etc.

Do you enjoy any winter sports (participating or watching)? I used to really enjoy ice skating when I was young -- but I haven't been in years!

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter? It's already snowed here once.... and it was so much fun watching DS play in the little bit of snow we had -- touching it, tasting it, etc. I really want to get a toddler sled to pull him around on... and build a snowman!

Best winter fashion? Warm. I don't care if I'm fashionable or not... as long as I'm warm!

What christmas present are you pining for? DH and I aren't doing gifts for each other this year (except I'll fill stockings)... so I'm not really pining for anything. If we were doing gifts... I'd be wanting a gift card to the container store/pier 1/etc. to get home organization stuff and decor for our house.

Where are you celebrating Christmas (with family, on vacation, just at home)? We are celebrating with family. We will be with DH's family Christmas Eve. I'm making a rule that we are leaving by 9 at the latest. Last year, Christmas festivities went until 1 am and it got to be too much. We'll do a quiet Christmas morning ourselves at home and the rest of Christmas day will be spent with my family.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • How do you feel about winter in general? Blech. It's cold and dark. Blech.

What's your favorite thing about winter? N/A

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day? No, I think it's corny. Always have, even when I've had a valentine.

Do you enjoy any winter sports (participating or watching)? I used to go snowboarding, but my knees and hips are too bad to do that anymore. That's actually one reason I dislike winter...I have the joints of a 90 year old woman.

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter? Maybe playing in fresh snow.

Best winter fashion? I love my knee high boots.

What christmas present are you pining for? I'd really like a new camera. Nothing fancy, just a point and shoot.

Where are you celebrating Christmas (with family, on vacation, just at home)? At home and with family.

• imagelinzica:
    How do you feel about winter in general? I used to hate it, but now that I don't work on the ambulance it won't be so bad. It got miserable out there.

What's your favorite thing about winter? I love when its cold outside and I get to be nice and cozy inside.

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day? No. I don't really like it at all.

Do you enjoy any winter sports participating or watching? Hockey. But with the NHL lockout, I don't think its going to happen this year.

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter? Playing in the snow. Sled riding and making snow angels.

Best winter fashion? Boots!

What christmas present are you pining for? I really want a Keurig.

Where are you celebrating Christmas with family, on vacation, just at home? Christmas Day will be spent at home in the morning. But we always go to my aunts house about 20 minutes away for dinner.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagelinzica:

How do you feel about winter in general? I like it. Just wish it wasn't so long around here.

What's your favorite thing about winter? Fresh snowfalls.

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day?  Nope, could do without it.

Do you enjoy any winter sports (participating or watching)? We like snowshoeing and I love hockey.

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter? Sledding.

Best winter fashion? Boots and toques.

What christmas present are you pining for? A new laptop.

Where are you celebrating Christmas (with family, on vacation, just at home)? We will be visiting family before the holidays and get home the 23rd so will have Christmas at home.

• How do you feel about winter in general? Love!

What's your favorite thing about winter? Snow days when I was teaching. Snow, frosty breath, Christmas lights, bell ringers.

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day? Yep

Do you enjoy any winter sports (participating or watching)? No, I tried to get into hockey last year for DH, but this year is a non issue.

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter? Playing in the snow, decorating

Best winter fashion? Boots, matchy scarves and gloves

What christmas present are you pining for? Nothing in mind.

Where are you celebrating Christmas (with family, on vacation, just at home)?  Home. Christmas Eve with DHs family, Christmas wi mine. Gotta throw in a birthday party for DD somewhere too!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagelinzica:

How do you feel about winter in general? I hate winter! I hate the cold! Lol I only love the first big snow of the year, then I am over it all and ready for spring.

What's your favorite thing about winter? I do love wood burning fireplaces!

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day? I actually do like Valentines day

Do you enjoy any winter sports (participating or watching)? I have been learning to snowboard for the past 3 years. It's difficult, but I enjoy the challenge of a new sport

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter? Making snow angels!

Best winter fashion? I'm sorry, I love Uggs! (Or fake Uggs, doesn't matter really...I just love the look)

What christmas present are you pining for? I want a new chain for my cross and a new wallet

Where are you celebrating Christmas (with family, on vacation, just at home)? With family and their homes and ours too

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How do you feel about winter in general? It's ok. I prefer Fall.

What's your favorite thing about winter? Coats

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day? Eh

Do you enjoy any winter sports (participating or watching)? No

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter? I hope it snows here

Best winter fashion? Skinny jeans, boots, and a comfy sweater

What christmas present are you pining for? Uggs

Where are you celebrating Christmas (with family, on vacation, just at home)? We'll be at home on Christmas Day. 

• How do you feel about winter in general?  Eh, it's okay.  

What's your favorite thing about winter?  Christmas

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day?  It's okay

Do you enjoy any winter sports (participating or watching)?  No

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter?  Hopefully play in the snow

Best winter fashion?  Sweaters

What christmas present are you pining for?  Camera stuff :)  But I need a new jacket

Where are you celebrating Christmas (with family, on vacation, just at home)?  Hopefully home

• How do you feel about winter in general? Not my favorite time of year. It's long.

What's your favorite thing about winter? Christmas

Do you Luuuuv Valentines day? Nope. We usually "forget" about V Day lol

Do you enjoy any winter sports participating or watching? I'm not very sporty myself but I like watching hockey

What are you looking forward to doing with LO this winter? I hope she likes playing in the snow! We're going to build snowmen.

Best winter fashion? Big sweaters. And my knee high boots

What christmas present are you pining for? There isn't really anything I want this year. Last year I really wanted a Keurig and I got one. This year I am ok with just giving.

Where are you celebrating Christmas with family, on vacation, just at home? Close to home with family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"