January 2013 Moms
Options

Cramps and LBP - need a gut check

I woke up yesterday morning, took a shower, made coffee and starting drying my hair. Mid-hair dry, I started getting period-like cramps which were intense enough that I stopped getting ready and layed down for about 20 mins. The cramps were accompanied by low back pain. It was a constant ache for about 20 mins; there was nothing timeable or increasing/decreasing in intensity.

The pain let up enough for me to go to work. I did call my OB office and spoke with the nurse. She left it up to me whether to come in or not and gave me a list of other symptoms to watch for (decreased movement from LO, leaking fluids, increase in pain/severity). I opted not to go in and monitor on my own. I was good for the afternoon, but once I got home around 6pm, the dull, crampy ache started in again for about an hour.

I woke up a few times last night (to pee of course). The first time I still had cramping, the second time I did not, but rolling over to my other side seemed to cause some stomach pain.

Soooooo... short story made long... I feel fine this morning. LO is banging around in there per usual. But now of course I'm nervous because it's Friday with the weekend looming ahead. Do I call the OB back and say "I feel physically fine today, but now I'm being a headcase?" My next appt w/ the OB is Tuesday.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is it just 33 weeks pregnant and uncomfortable-ness? Or do I go in to see the doctor even though now I feel fine? TIA.

Re: Cramps and LBP - need a gut check

• Options
    imagebeejayzgirl:

Do I call the OB back and say "I feel physically fine today, but now I'm being a headcase?" 

I would ride it out but I think they would get a good giggle if you called and said this! If you get worse you can run to the hospital and they'll check you out, it's not like you're completely on your own over the weekend.

• Options

I literally had the exact same symptoms you describe a few days ago and was also freaking out but now I am also fine. (I still get crampy though a lot, just not the painful stop what I'm doing cramps). 

I called my OB and he told me that it's all "just part of the fun of the 3rd trimester and last month in particular". He said not to worry about it unless they became obviously time able, my water broke, I had bleeding or any other obvious sign. So basically it's just part of the uncomfortable-ness =/ 

I wouldn't worry about it unless you get it accompanied by another severe symptom and in that case even if it is the weekend you can always go into L&D :)   

image image
    DD#1 12.26.12 | DD#2 EDD: 5.4.15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're going to experience this often now that we're all in the home stretch. Call your doctor when concerned, but I would not worry unless the pain is timeable. With both of my pregnancies I experienced period cramps the entire time. I noticed they got worse right before a growth spurt.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies - I appreciate it and feel a lot better now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"