Multiples
Options

Vitamins for babies? NMR

Just wondering if anyone gives their little ones vitamins...I find my boys seem to get sick easily...I watch my 2 nephews in our home at least once a week and they often have a cold or something from being at school so that may be a contributing factor...but I would like to somehow boost their immune system! Two babies with runny noses and cranky attitudes is not something I want to repeat all winter long! Any suggestions? 

Re: Vitamins for babies? NMR

• Options
    We give our babies Polyvisol but mainly because they were preemies and the NICU/ their pediatrician told us they need to be on it for awhile.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I gave DD Polyvisol but mainly because she was breastfed and needed a little extra.  I'd double check with your pediatrician if they are formula fed.  I think formula usually has extra vitamins but I'm not sure.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

While breastfeeding our ped recommended polyvisol.

Now I add Vit. D and baby probiotics to their bottles once a day.

Ours have been in daycare only since mid-September, and have had a couple colds, pink eye, and one had a stomach virus. If they are around other kids, I don't think there is much you can do. I've just accepted this is going to be a rough winter for us.

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

• Options

imagecyndev:
    We give our babies Polyvisol but mainly because they were preemies and the NICU/ their pediatrician told us they need to be on it for awhile.

Same with us.  The NICU sent us home with some.  

Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Options
    NICU and pedi have us on Poly Vi Sol with Iron.  I just started adding Bio Gaia (probiotics) to their bottles, too.  They are still on Neosure (for formula bottles and added to breast milk bottles to up the calories.)
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

imageimage
    PAIF and SAIF welcome. IVF questions welcome, too.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My boys were term, so the only vitamins they took were Vitamin D drops they were breast fed. Now that they are weaned our ped said as long as they are eating a balanced diet there is no need for vitamins.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"