July 2012 Moms

Is your baby rolling over completely?

Did you practice it with them beyond tummy time? How much do they weigh? I think that has a lot to do with it too. Any tips?

Re: Is your baby rolling over completely?

• My LO only rolls belly to back. He started doing that about 4 weeks ago. He was probably around 12 pounds then. He is about 15 lbs. now. No sign of rolling back to belly.

Eats childproof locks for breakfast...image

• hasn't rolled back to front yet. she is 5months and likely 16 pounds. likes long walks on the beach and organic oatmeal. 

• Loading the player...
  • He just started rolling from his back to belly this week.  He weighs about 16lbs.  He has been rolling from his belly to back for a while now, only sometimes, and he would try and try to roll back to belly but could never quite make it.  Last night he finally figured it out and was rolling all over the living room.

Weight does make a difference.  My BF's 2nd boy was 10lbs when he was born and has always been a huge baby. He was much slower to roll and crawl and pull up and walk than her older son and she figured it was because he was so much heavier.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He started rolling from tummy to back the day before he turned 3 months old (was over 9 lbs). He rolled from back to front at 4 months (was over 10 lbs). Now he does barrel rolls and laughs at himself ;o)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LO only rolls over completely from tummy to back.  I think she loves to flip over to avoid tummy time. My MIL claims she is starting to roll over from back to tummy but I have yet to see it. 
  • She started rolling over like crazy about a month ago. Last week she weighed 15 pounds so I'm not sure how much she weighed then.
    I worked with her at tummy time but she would never roll over. It just happened out of the blue one day.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetemporalrobe:
    hasn't rolled back to front yet. she is 5months and likely 16 pounds. likes long walks on the beach and organic oatmeal.nbsp;

This made me lol !!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She is not rolling yet.  After tummy time, I always give her some time on her back on the floor.  She seems to working on rolling over but hasn't figured it our yet.  She sorta moves her whole body over, but her head stays glued to the floor.

She has rolled from tummy to back quite a few times, but not consistently.  So I think it was just by accident.

She was 14 ilbs 10 ounces at her appointment two weeks ago.

• Haha, she was on the floor while I was replying to this post and just after she rolled for the first time. Awesome!
  • imagelilahbean13:
    imagetemporalrobe:
    hasn't rolled back to front yet. she is 5months and likely 16 pounds. likes long walks on the beach and organic oatmeal.nbsp;
    This made me lol !!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"