April 2012 Moms
Options

smacking

DS has been smacking his tongue against the top of his mouth.....is anyone elses LO doing this? Guess im wondering if its normal and just exploring new sounds or if he could be getting thrush....
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: smacking

• Options
    guess i should have specified tongue smacking in the subject line.....sorry.
  • Options
    I saw the title and wasn't sure what I was opening up here - LOL. A smacks her lips sometimes, then giggles. I think it feels funny on her lips. As far as smacking her tongue in her mouth, I haven't really noticed that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    my guess is LO is learning to click their tongues.  DD likes to watch me do it, but she hasn't gotten the hang of it.  She has started clapping tho!   I guess what I would do just to try to be safe is to keep checking LO's mouth.
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

One of my babies does this. We acts like she's talking I think. Sometimes she spits out a mama or baba dada whatever, sometimes it's just quiet. 

PI think its a way of trying to mimicking what your mouth looks like when you talk. I'm no expert, but that's what mine looks like she's doing. 

Married 07/2011 <3
    ID Twin girls 04/2012 <3<3
    Baby #3 Due Jan. 2017  <3

• Options
    Yes, DD has been doing this all this past week. I think it's just a new sound/feeling for her. Also, she just got in two top teeth next to the front ones (vampire baby :)) they are still coming down so I wonder if she feels those too.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    my guy is doing this too but I figured it was because he can feel his teeth coming
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagemars724:

One of my babies does this. We acts like she's talking I think. Sometimes she spits out a mama or baba dada whatever, sometimes it's just quiet. 

PI think its a way of trying to mimicking what your mouth looks like when you talk. I'm no expert, but that's what mine looks like she's doing. 

That is what I thought too or imitating how I eat... It's cute though.

Lillian April 17, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"