August 2011 Moms

Waking up in the middle of the night

Is anyone else's lo waking up in the middle of the night like it is morning? All week long dd have been waking up like it is time to get up for an hour plus, last night it was 2 hours. I thought it was her teeth so I gave her advil before bed and no improvement.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Waking up in the middle of the night

• We go through phases of this, seems like DD will be sleeping smoothly for about four weeks...and then we'll have two or three nights like you described.  She usually resets herself after a couple days and falls back into her normal STTN pattern.  It's no fun, but I'm sure it will pass. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagemelissa0726:
    We go through phases of this, seems like DD will be sleeping smoothly for about four weeks...and then we'll have two or three nights like you described.nbsp; She usually resets herself after a couple days and falls back into her normal STTN pattern.nbsp; It's no
    fun, but I'm sure it will pass.nbsp;
    Same.
  • Loading the player...
  • Chase has done this all week. He woke at 4 this morning and never went back to sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image image image Anniversary
  • imageshanado:
    imagemelissa0726:
    We go through phases of this, seems like DD will be sleeping smoothly for about four weeks...and then we'll have two or three nights like you described.nbsp; She usually resets herself after a couple days and falls back into her normal STTN pattern.nbsp; It's no fun, but I'm sure it will pass.nbsp;
    Same.

Us too.

I have noticed though that if I say something like "it's still bedtime", rock her for a minute or two, and put her back in her crib half awake, she'll usually go back to bed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yes! lincoln has alays been a great sleeper. 9-9 his ENTIRE life. now, he is waking in the middle of the night just to pace the crib and he is waking up at 6 am. I have tried putting him to bed earlier, etc. he is also on a napping strike. we saw the pedi yesterday for his well-baby and the doctor was super concerned he's not getting enough sleep so this morning i nursed him and put him back to bed. he cried but eventually slept till 8ish. i am also under strict orders to let him CIO because he thinks it is behavioral/defiance issues and not a medical issue so he is shrieking as i type. ugh. :( 
    imageimage
  • A couple weeks DS did this.  He was sleeping great then a few days he would get up between 1-2am and be awake and ready to play.  I would go into his room for a short period of time, let him know it was still bed time and put him back into his crib.  He really wanted to look at a book so I gave him a book to look at while he was in his crib, turned on his fishy show, told him goodnight and left the room.   He stayed up talking to himself for a while after that but went back to sleep no problem.  

It's the first time he has really done anything like that so I am not too sure as to a reasoning to why.  Hopefully it's just a phase!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"