Breastfeeding
Options

recommend your breast pump

I have the Medela PIS but it's an older model and I'm not sure it's working at 100% efficiency. I use the Tommee Tippee bottles and love them - they recently came out with a double electric pump, but I'm afraid to spend the $$ without an endorsement from a couple of other pumping moms. I'm open to the Ameda also, or even trying a hospital-grade one on rental from the OB's office.

Any suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: recommend your breast pump

• Options
    I know you said you already have a PISA, but it is older. I love mine!
    Have you tried replacing the membranes if you have a loose, cracked or misshapen membrane the pump will not have any suction.

Also have you made sure there is no cracks of holes (even pin sized) in the tubes this will also make the suction crappy.

I am sorry, I have on,y ever had two pumps, my Medela PISA and a Evenflo Comfort travel pump.

*BFP m/c  *BFP b/g twins *S/B 20w  *BFP DS A  1-12-12  *BFP m/c  *BFP m/c  *BFP *It's a boy again* EDD 2-5-14

• Options

I have the Medela PISA (backpack version).

LOVE IT!!! dual electric pump....it has been a God send!!!

I EP so I use it all the time also. I haven't had any problems with the pump itself just silly little things you learn as you go such as finding the right size of the funnel looking things and if you dual pump...get a handsfree bra! it will seriously change your life...i forgot it once at work and i didn't realize how dependent i had become on it lol

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love my ameda PY.  It is slightly cheaper than the Medela.  I preferred if because it is a closed system so I figure I could give it to a friend or sell it when I am done.  I have been using since I went back to work at 6 weeks post-part and have never had an issue with it. 
  • Options
    imagebenniferbaby:

I have the Medela PIS but it's an older model and I'm not sure it's working at 100% efficiency. I use the Tommee Tippee bottles and love them - they recently came out with a double electric pump, but I'm afraid to spend the $$ without an endorsement from a couple of other pumping moms. I'm open to the Ameda also, or even trying a hospital-grade one on rental from the OB's office.

Any suggestions?

I have the same problem right now.  I have the Medela PIS Advanced & I know its lost suction.  I changed the membranes & checked the tubing but its still not working like it use to.  I hate to have to buy another since I only need the new motor, too bad they don't just sell a replacement motor.

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I would go with the Ameda if you are looking for something less expensive but works well.  I just posted about their customer service on the working moms board.  They are replacing my pump even though it is out of warrently.  I can't say enough good things about the company.  Depending on how old your pump is you may want to give Medela a call maybe there is something they can suggest to fix your pump.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"