Attachment Parenting

Sleep help

Hi- I don't post much, but thought I'd ask this question here because I'm guessing I'd get lots of "let her cry" answers on the age boards.

My DD is 9 months old and goes to bed around 7:30pm.  Sometimes I nurse her to sleep and other times I will nurse her and then my DH will put her to sleep.  Every night about 90 minutes after we put her down, she wakes up and wants to nurse.  When I put her back in her crib she wakes up right away and freaks out.  The only way to get her back to sleep is to lay with her in our bed until she's asleep and then sneak out.  I put pillows around her, but I'm afraid she's going to fall off.  When we go to sleep, my DH puts her back in her crib, but she's usually back in our bed within an hour or 2.  She is still waking up 2-4 times a night to nurse...last night it was 5 times.

I have no issue with her waking up to nurse.  I feel like it's a combo of her being hungry and needing comfort, but I just want a few hours at night to be with my husband, to work out, or to just sit on the couch and decompress.  Any advice?  Is this just my life until she's older? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Re: Sleep help

• Im not at this stage yet with my LO but we started bed-sharing at night due to my DD not being able to sleep anywhere but with us in the bed.  Sounds like you are spending a lot of time and energy trying to get her to sleep in her crib and then going back and forth between that and your bed.  Would you be open to making your bed safe for her to sleep in it (like putting the mattress on the floor) so that you could nurse her at night and then sneak out without the fear she would fall off? Then you could have your time to yourself. Then just allow her to bed share until she's over this stage? Like you said if she wants to nurse this much for food and comfort maybe if you were just able to roll over and feed her you would both fall back to sleep easier in the night and you would all get a better nights rest.  I find with my DD that I can hear her wiggle and know she wants to nurse before she even fully wakes up and cries so she just stays in a very light sleep.

Hope you are able to find a solution that works! GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is EXACTLY what my ds does. He is also 9 months. I am trying to implement the ideas from the no cry sleep solution, but honestly am not having very much success yet.  

No advice really just wanted to say you are not alone! I feel the same in that I am just ready for a little break! 3 hours of sleep by myself would be a dream! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"