October 2012 Moms

Drinking problem

Not really but..........I am having a prob drinking more than 1 or 2 cocktails.  I keep setting out on these missions to have fun and relax and have a few cocktails (aka get drunk) and I keep chickening out after 1st or 2nd drink.  I start thinking about LO needing to eat soon and already missing one feeding and I stop drinking.  I have plenty of milk in my stash but I can't bring myself to pump and dump.  Help!  I want to get drunk!

Re: Drinking problem

• Same here...I can't even bring myself to have any hard liquor (and I used to love dirty martinis) and finishing a glass of wine still feels slightly naughty!

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • You don't have to pump and dump...just wait until the alcohal is out of your blood and it is out of your milk.

I guess unless you're drinking enough that you can't pump for a long time in which case you might need to just to relieve engorgement?

That's what my LC told me, anyways.
    IMG_1626
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely not alone. DH took me out to a nice restaurant last weekend for our first date night and I made him finish my glass of wine because I felt guilty.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same here.  I have unsuccessfully tried to get drunk like 5 times.  And always chicken out.  My hang up is that I don't want to have to get up in the middle of the night, possibly still drunk or hungover, and have to pump.  I have had about 3 bouts of mastitis and there is no sleeping through the night. I also don't want to be hungover the next day and have to deal with a needy baby.  Because I am 100% positive my son would choose that day to be a real pain in the a**.  :) Oh well.  We are going out for dinner tomorrow night for a belated anniversary dinner.  It also happens to be my birthday.  I MAY indulge and get that dirty martini I have been dreaming about for the past 11 months....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage 

BFP 1/24/2012 - DS Born 9/22/2012 (11 days early!)
    BFP 2/15/2014 - CP 2/19/2014
    BFP 11/4/2014 - Due 7/14/2015
  • imagehpoff33:
    Same here.  I have unsuccessfully tried to get drunk like 5 times.  And always chicken out.  My hang up is that I don't want to have to get up in the middle of the night, possibly still drunk or hungover, and have to pump.  I have had about 3 bouts of mastitis and there is no sleeping through the night. I also don't want to be hungover the next day and have to deal with a needy baby.  Because I am 100% positive my son would choose that day to be a real pain in the a**.  :) Oh well.  We are going out for dinner tomorrow night for a belated anniversary dinner.  It also happens to be my birthday.  I MAY indulge and get that dirty martini I have been dreaming about for the past 11 months....

get the martini.  Please!!  I think if you can do it I can live vicariously through you for a moment b/c I am not sure i can get it done! 

• I have the same problem--I want to get tipsy (which would probably take 2 drinks at this point) but I always chicken out when I think of having to pump then dump all that BM...LO eats pretty much every 2 hours, so that doesn't give me enough time to get the excess alcohol out of my system.  I've had a drink occasionally, but it wasn't enough to make me not BF her, and I'm at home so I will pour myself one immediately after her feeding.  But tonight we have a baby shower for her thrown by DH's coworkers and they want to go out afterwards (I'm leaving her with my mom when we go out) But I don't want to have to go into my stash to feed her and I'm not looking forward to the full feeling of my boobs if we stay out for hours :(  I just need to let it go and enjoy the fact that I'm doing something social for the first time since having her!  Cheers :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"