October 2012 Moms

weight GAIN!!!!

I have gained 12 pounds in three weeks...I'm now up to what I was AT DELIVERY!!!  I only gained 22 pounds and was thin before the pregnancy.  I didn't expect to lose it all right away and was even happy at the midway point if that's what it took with BFing...but the entire thing? My maternity pants don't even fit! Apparently it's all over including my hips and thighs.  I'm at a loss and I'm super upset.  I have bad food allergies and it started with suspected gluten in my medicine a few weeks ago and I thought it was getting better but apparently not since it seems I've gained over 5 lbs in the last couple of days.  I have no idea what to do.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: weight GAIN!!!!

• I don't even know what to say other than that I can imagine how awful that must feel.  I hope you get it figured out soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You should call your MD. That is not normal.
    Birthday

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrs.G123:
    You should call your MD. That is not normal.

This. Sorry this is happening! Hope you can work it out soon.

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• I just got home and my doc is closed until Monday so I will just wait out the weekend and see if it's just water.  I'm going to be very cautious of my diet.  I have been eating sweet potatoes and I normally do not eat nightshade veggies so maybe it's partially from the that.   I have also had some twingy cramps this morning around where my left ovary is so maybe I'm going to have my period (that would suck since I'm EBF, my kid doesn't get a bottle and has just started taking a paci a total of 10 min a day max!)

With DS I didn't really lose any weight until I stopped BFing and then lost 20 lbs in a month (too bad I had gained over 70!) 

• imageMrs.G123:
    You should call your MD. That is not normal.

this. Weight gain that fast is not normal... Might want to be checked out for fluid retention... Good luck! 

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • I initially lost 20 lbs and I'm not sure I've gained much back, but I feel bigger than I did when I first delivered. But I have an addiction to candy and Ben and Jerry's currently because of BF'ing so I think mine is snack related...still depressing though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"