December 2012 Moms
Options

EPO and RRL

I wasn't going to but I bought a bottle of each on Wednesday night. I took 1 EPO and 2 RRL. did the same thing yesterday plus added 2 more RRL later in the day. the bottle for EPO says 1/day the RRL says 23pills 2/day about an hour after taking them I felt really off. I don't know if it was just coincidence but I felt a little sick, clammy and kid blah.
Do you take these together or should I be spacing them out? Does it even matter? Any certain time of day? I didn't want to take them at night because that's when I take my prenatal vitamin and iorn and dha, so I didn't want to add more to that arsenal lol plus I didn't know if taking all of that together would have the potential of one blocking absorption of the other.

Anyone taking these now that can offer advice? Do these pills even work? Haha
Lilypie Maternity tickers
DD#1 December '12
DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
Married 07/09

Re: EPO and RRL

• Options
    That's 2 to 3 pills!!! Not 23. I hate this ap
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Options

I take them together and don't have any issues. I take 2 RRL with 1 EPO at breakfast with my iron pill, my prenatal at lunch, and 2 RRL with 1 EPO at dinner. If I don't put them with my meals, I would never remember to take them lol RRL has a lot of vitamin c, which helps with iron absorption. 

Obvs they don't send you into labor, I've been taking RRL since 2nd tri and EPO since 35/36 weeks (I honestly don't remember haha).... I'm still very much pregnant at 40 weeks. I just keep taking them in hopes that when it's go time, my uterus & cervix are well prepared ha.

ETA: I also do one EPO vaginally at bedtime. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've been taking RRL since 12 weeks, and EPO since 35 weeks.

I take 3 RRL, 2 EPO, 3-4 alfalfa, 1 PNV w/ DHA, and 2 probiotics in the am, and 3 RRL, 2 EPO, 3-4 alfalfa, 1 probiotic in the pm.

I don't have any issues doing things this way.

And I took RRL and EPO with my PNV, etc all last pregnancy too.  I had a fairly quick, very "productive" labor (no stalling...10 hours start to finish, I feel like every contraction "counted" is what I mean), so I feel like it's effective stuff...but how would I know how things would've gone without it?!... :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"