February 2013 Moms
Options

Hostess Gift Idea (Recipe Included)

I have been craving pumpkin stuff for a while now, and have made it known to just about everybody around me.  So when I ran across this recipe for Pumpkin Butter, I knew it was the perfect thank you gift to give to my shower hostesses.  I have my first shower on Saturday (yay!) and there are 6 ladies hosting.  I wanted to get them a little something, but couldn't afford to be extravagant.  I made a batch of the Pumpkin Butter and it filled 5 mason jars.  (I am getting my sister something different)  I decorated the top of the jars with some fabric and ribbon and am including a heart felt thank you note.

We're always discussing hostess gift ideas on here, and so I thought I'd share the recipe with yall!  It's YUMMY!  :)  And in my case, perfect since everybody knows I am lovin' me some pumpkin stuff! 

Crockpot Pumpkin Butter
2 15 oz cans Pumpkin
1 1/4 c maple syrup
1/2 c apple juice
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt

Put all ingredients in crockpot.  Cook on low for 5-6 hours.*  Place in fridge overnight.  Distribute into jars and keep refrigerated. 

*I was short on time, so I cooked it on high for 3.5 hours.  And I placed a napkin under the lid to help remove some of the moisture since it was a quicker cook time.

"Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hostess Gift Idea (Recipe Included)

• Options
    Thank you! Love this!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• Options
    What a cute gift idea! And I am right there with you on the pumpkin cravings!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecarpntrgrl:
    What a cute gift idea! And I am right there with you on the pumpkin cravings!

It's been an intense craving!  (really the only one I've had)  I have always loved pumpkin stuff, but man, I can't get enough.  Our little Landon might just come out orange.  :)

"Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Great idea!  Thanks for sharing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"