Infertility
Options

CL cysts on both ovaries...not the baseline I was hoping for

I went in today for my baseline, only to find out I have two corpus luteum cysts - one on each ovary. Since I have been on lupron for 12 days now, my RE doesnt want to keep supressing me and wants to drain them on Saturday. Not sure of what to expect. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Brandon Le born 9/9/13 as a result of IVF#1

Re: CL cysts on both ovaries...not the baseline I was hoping for

• Options
    This is my first round of IVF so sorry I do not have any advice.  So sorry that your baseline you were hoping for.  Sad
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That sucks about the cysts! I hope all goes smoothly on Saturday and it wont set you back.
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's basically just like ER except you're awake. My RE numbed the area with lidocaine then went in with a needle through the ovarian wall and drained it. It was cake. No pain and over in 10 minutes. They did give me a Valium, which I took, and hydrocodone, which I passed on. Just took a few Advil prior.

I know of another girl who had it done due to OHSS. She was in between ER and ET and they didn't want to use any numbing agents for fear of having a negative affect at ET. She said it hurt like crazy. Ouch. I'd definitely recommend numbing! GL!

**PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
    TTC #1 March 2010 - Nov 2012
    Me: 29, PCOS (anov), Hashimoto's Disease // DH: 30, normal SA
    3 Clomid, 1 Clomid/Menopur, 1 Menopur w/ TI (CX 4x's due to cysts) - All BFN
    1 Clomid/Menopur, 2 Menopur, 1 Follistim w/ IUI - All BFN
    RPL & Karyotype testing normal

IUI #5 (12/1/12) --> Follistim + 1/3 hCG Trigger = BFP! EDD: 8/23/13
    Betas --> 61 (13dpo) // 156 (16 dpo) // 223 (18dpo) // 656 (21 dpo)
    U/S --> 5w0d - sac seen // 6w0d - hb detected // 7w0d - hb seen and heard, measuring 6w6d!
    8w6d - wiggly baby! // 9w3d - wiggly baby with fingers!

Baby boy born 8/24/13

imageimageimage 

My Blog: Searching for Lucky Socks

• Options

I basically had the same thing happen to me this cycle, was on Lupron for 14 days and had a 18mm cyst which was producing a lot of estrogen and they wouldn't start me on the stims and I was cancelled - cysts suck, especially when you're supposed to be suppressed!!. I wasn't given the option to have them drained, so I don't have any advice for you, but I just wanted to wish you luck and I hope they can take care of it and they don't cancel your cycle! FX for you!!

Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"