October 2012 Moms
Options

Final Update on my mom

Title for mobile Bumpies: Final update on my mom

Thank you all so much for your T&P. The tests have come back on my mom. Her cardiologist says there is extensive damage that was done to her heart. There is nothing they can do for it at this point. They cannot repair or replace the stents that they had previously placed (one of them came loose). They will be fitting her for a defibrillator vest, and eventually she will have a defibrillator inserted permanently. Basically, she will be a lot less active and a lot more limited in what she can and cannot do.

It's a really stressful situation. She is only 47 (48 this month). She is very emotional right now about losing independence. She's been a single mom since I was 6, she's always done everything by herself, so it's a hard pill to swallow that she will need a lot more help. 

It also changes things for us. My mom planned to take care of the baby for us 4 days a week when I went back to work. She will not be able to handle an infant alone anymore. Not only is this devastating for her, but it means I can't really afford to go back to work. I would only make enough to (barely) cover day care, so it makes more sense for me to stay home. It's just a lot to process.

I really appreciate your T&P during all of this. You ladies are awesome. 

Re: Final Update on my mom

• Options
    I'm sorry about your mom. Hopefully she will be able to adapt, I know it's a big adjustment.

I am sure staying home will be a big adjustment for you too, especially if you weren't planning on it. After evaluating our financial situation I am doing the same thing. No point on working just to pay for daycare.

Hugs

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Continuing to pray for you guys. There's going to be a lot of challenges ahead but stay strong! Love you guys!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aw honey I'm sorry about your mom. Hope the adjustment goes well for you both!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    I am so sorry. That is a lot of change all at once. I can't even imagine how you both are dealing. Thoughts and prayers to you!
    TTC #1 since 05/09
    Me: Oligomenorrhea (workup for PCOS turned out to be negative)
    DH: 1st SA 11/09: good volume but only 20% normal

Cycle #1: Clomid 50mg=No O
    1/10 2nd SA (this time at the fertility clinic): PERFECT!!!
    1/10 My Tests: HSG All clear! B/W is normal!
    2/10 Started Acupuncture

Cycle #2: 100 mg Clomid CD4-CD8 trigger TI Progesterone=BFN
    Cycle #3: 100 mg Clomid CD3-CD7 trigger TI Progesterone=BFP!
    Beta 1=144 Beta 2=359 Beta 3=637

My Scrambled Eggs

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP January 2012! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Oh my gosh, big hugs. That is so much to process, especially with a tiny baby. I wish you and your family strength to get through this. 

(if you ever need help with your budget as a SAHM the ladies on Money Matters are very helpful https://pandce.****/index.cgi?board=mm)

DD 9/15/12
  • Options
    TPs still to you and your family! Everything happens for a reason. She sounds like a very strong woman shell pull through it!
  • Options

hey  there- your in my thoughts iam glad the docs have a plan of treatment. my mom had this done and she is recovering but I was surprised at first how roputine these surgeries are.

I am certain iy will be an adjustment for you SAH but you are doing what is best for your family! You are an awesome mom and daughter! Hang in there trust me surround yourself with a support group even if online.

• Options

I am so sorry. I will be keeping you and your mom in my prayers. When I read things like this and what youve been through it makes me realize how my problems are nothing and how thankful I should be.

I hope she recovers quickly and I will be praying for you. XOXO

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker C:UsersHomePicturesz.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"