Cloth Diapering

How did you get rid of yeast rash?

Disposables and nystatin isn't helping. I'm at my wits end! Does anyone have advice on how to get rid of this? I miss my cloth!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage

Re: How did you get rid of yeast rash?

• My pedi told me to buy OTC lotramin AF (the stuff for athletes foot). I just reapplied it whenever I used wipes on diaper changes (since the medicine would be wiped off) It took about 7 days for it to go away completely.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • buy good quality probiotics from a chiro (the probiotics that are kept int he fridge).  The probiotics over the counter are often dead and no longer work.  Keep diaper off for a good part of the day.  We are using an athletes foot cream on her bum.  We are still trying to keep the yeasties at bay but things are looking better.  What about foods?  could your LO be reacting to foods? 

My DD has food protein intolerances and her only rash that was untreatable and ALL diaper creams was the rash due to food allergies.  36 hours after removing the offending foods her rash was nearly healed.  something to think about...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • OTC lotramin with CJs butt butter. works great. we keep the cloth diapers just frequently change and use liners so that the lotramin doesn't coat the diapers.
  • The only thing that worked on my DD was CJ's BUTTer for Yeast (I think it's CJ's BUTTer Plus now). We kept her in cloth since there was no difference with disposables. We added Tea Tree Oil and Grapefruit Seed Extract to the wash and made a diaper area wash using it too. Whenever possible, she went without a diaper or at least a diaper without a cover (we used prefolds and fitteds).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CJ's Butter Plus and Kissaluvs Diaper Potion Spray
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"