TTC After a Loss

How long?

Im going thru a mc of my first this week.  I would have been 7w Wednesday.  The doc told me to wait two or three cycles before trying again.  Is that a normal amount of time?  From what I assume, my numbers seem to be dropping quickly.  843 on Monday to 190 on Wednesday.  And my bleeding has definitely lessen a lot, only light bleeding today.  

So many ppl said only one month, which obviously I like better.  does waiting two cycles mean wait to have two periods then try the following month?   yes I'm sure I sound like a moron, I just hate the thought of having to put this off when it was so exciting only a week ago.  

BFP#1 : 11/5/12 EDD : 7/17/13 Natural M/C : 6w5d on 11/26/12 BFP#2 : 2/26/13 EDD : 11/02/13 Please stay little one.

Re: How long?

• Sorry for your loss

Have you checked out the TTCAL blog? It has a poll that will tell you how long a lot of ladies were told to wait.

For me, it was one cycle after my first, and my OB told me yesterday to wait for blood work to come back, then we'd discuss waiting periods.

Everyone here will tell you to listen to your doctor. You were given that number for some reason, and it's important to listen. If you have questions about why, just ask. I'm always very forceful with my questions to my doctors because its so important to understand what and why your treatments are what they are
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • imageravenclaw1:
    Sorry for your loss

Have you checked out the TTCAL blog? It has a poll that will tell you how long a lot of ladies were told to wait.

For me, it was one cycle after my first, and my OB told me yesterday to wait for blood work to come back, then we'd discuss waiting periods.

Everyone here will tell you to listen to your doctor. You were given that number for some reason, and it's important to listen. If you have questions about why, just ask. I'm always very forceful with my questions to my doctors because its so important to understand what and why your treatments are what they are

Couldn't have said it better. Sorry for your loss

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I am sorry for your loss. I agree with listening to your dr. I was told to wait at 1-2 cycles so your drs orders seem reasonable. 
    TW loss mentioned 

**BFP#1 9/5/12   EDD 5/15/13  changed to 5/25/13 after u/s,  missed mc 10/19/12.  D and C 10/22/12** 
     **BFP#2 9/12/13  EDD 5/16/14 changed to 5/27/14 after u/s, hb 126 on 10/11/13, miscarriage on 10/24.13**
    ~RPL testing results from 12/6/13 show everything normal except elevated prolactin. Blood work is now in the normal range. All AL welcome!
    BFP #3 10/24/14  Our rainbow baby was born July 2015
    BFP 4 10/28/19 EDD 7/6/20
  • I am sorry for your loss, welcome to the board. As the pps said, please check out the TTCAL blog. It answers many questions.

The members of the board are strong believers of listening to what your dr tells you, they have their reasons. If you question why they want you to wait, please ask them. They will tell you.

Again, welcome to the board.

BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• imageravenclaw1:
    Sorry for your loss Have you checked out the TTCAL blog? It has a poll that will tell you how long a lot of ladies were told to wait. For me, it was one cycle after my first, and my OB told me yesterday to wait for blood work to come back, then we'd discuss waiting periods. Everyone here will tell you to listen to your doctor. You were given that number for some reason, and it's important to listen. If you have questions about why, just ask. I'm always very forceful with my questions to my doctors because its so important to understand what and why your treatments are what they are

All of this and sorry for your loss.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• I'm sorry for your loss.

My MW told me two months but said there was no real reason for that, it was just convention.  I told her I'd see a huge range of answers, and she told me to wait at least one cycle to make sure things were normal.  Another MW at the office told me I didn't need to wait at all, but I planned to wait one cycle anyway.  As it turned out, I somehow got AF exactly 4 weeks after the beginning of my miscarriage even though my number were still elevated the week before and I was still bleeding lightly.  I had a natural miscarriage at almost 7 weeks.

BFP #1 8/14/10, DS born 4/30/11 
    BFP #2 9/30/12, M/C 10/23/12 
    BFP #3 12/16/12, CP 12/20/12 
    BFP #4 1/20/13, DD born 10/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAnjaO:

I'm sorry for your loss.

My MW told me two months but said there was no real reason for that, it was just convention.  I told her I'd see a huge range of answers, and she told me to wait at least one cycle to make sure things were normal....

I am so sorry for your loss. And agree with the PP that your Dr has a reason to tel you the time they did, and if you do not understand why, then you should ask for the reasoning.

Like Anja said, my Dr. said two cycles was optimal if we can wait that long, and that if not, to at least wait one (but she was set in recommending two). My MW, who I saw for a pap afterwards, said she wasnt going to go against my Dr, but to answer my questions, she didn't have a scientific reason why two would be better than one. With that said, just remember that each woman's situation is different, and your Dr. will give you the best advice for you. GL.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry for your loss.  My doctor told me to wait 1 cycle, but everyone is different and doctors have differing opinions. Your doctor will know you much better than we do, so I would listen to the advice they give you. If I got pregnant before my doctor recommended TTC again and something bad happened, I think I would have a hard time dealing with that.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• I'm sorry for your loss.  I was told to wait 1 cycle, but as everyone has said, please listen to your doctor and if you have concerns, check with him/her.

TTC Since 8/2011
    BFP #1 5/13/12 * EDD 1/24/13 * MC at 7 wks 4 days on 6/11/12
    BFP #2 5/13/13 * Current EDD 1/23/14

Baby N born 2/8/14

imageimage

Lilypie - (HD7B)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"