December 2011 Moms
Options

Freaking out (long)

My mom is coming in to town on Saturday and staying for three weeks.  I was really excited but now I'm starting to freak out.  I haven't seen her since July so I'm really glad to see her.  But... our relationship has always been strained (hence why I moved 900 miles away).  Everytime I go to visit her or she comes to visit me, I promise myself that I'm not going to let her get to me.  That I'm going to just enjoy her time here because I won't see her again for a while.  Somehow that always fails I end up getting in little spats with her.  She's a very sweet person and would never do anything maliciously.  She just never thinks before she speaks and she always finds a way to hurt your feelings.  Even though it's unintentional, it still hurts.

For example: the last time she came to visit, she completely rearranged LO's closet and dresser drawers and our kitchen cabinets.  I know she was trying to be nice but I was just so offended.

She is also very flighty and forgetful and I let myself get way more annoyed than I should.  When LO was first born, my mom came to help out for three weeks.  One time, I asked her to give LO 30mL of breastmilk (she was like a week old) and she gave her 3oz (~90mL)!!!  Most of which got dumped down the drain because she couldn't finish it all...  Then, when we went to visit her in July, I had some frozen breastmilk and I showed her how to put the frozen bag right into a cup of hot water so that it could thaw out and heat up quickly.  Well, about 30 minutes later, I see that the bag of milk is just sitting on the kitchen counter.  I asked her why and she said she was letting it thaw out... at room temperature... for God only knows how long she intended to let it sit out... after I had just instructed her on how to do it correctly...

I didn't intend for that to be so long...

I hope that LO doesn't feel the same way about me some day...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Freaking out (long)

• Options
    I don't know if there is more to this story but definitely not things I would freak about, IMO.

All mothers have an annoying side, mine is the most stubborn woman but she is 1500 miles away and I would suck it up just to have her come help me out.

try to enjoy it!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm just freaking out about the fact that she's going to be here for three weeks. I've definitely got to find a way to suck it up and just enjoy her time here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is she ok to be alone with the LO?
    Whenever my mom annoys me I will let her babysit and I would do stuff by myself like a movie or something where I don't have to think about my mom :
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"