February 2013 Moms

Cloth diaper holy crap!

So I just posted a question on my FB status "What is your favorite cloth diaper?" 

I got 130+ comments so far and so much advice!

Now my head hurts, but I think I've been educated, and I think I know what I'm going to order for cloth diapers.

I have already ordered these:

https://glowbugclothdiapers.com/

And I believe I will order these next, and then go from there:

https://www.kanga-care.com/Rumparooz-One-Size-Lil-Joey-Newborn-Cloth-Diapers-Starter-Bundle_p_62.html

I think I'll add some individual applecheeks diapers to the mix, but I don't want the whole 600$ package because I don't like many of the colours.

Thoughts?? 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Cloth diaper holy crap!

• My neighbor cloth diapers her twins in Alvas, and they're working pretty well for her. She doesn't like the MF inserts, so doubles with hemp or bamboo for added absorbancy, but as far as pocket diapers go you can't beat the price. www.alvababy.com - most diapers are around 5 bucks.

DH and I both dislike the idea of pockets, so we're starting out trying prefolds with Thirsties duo covers (I hear the double gussets on the legs are helpful).  I haven't decided between cottonbabies.com prefolds, which are 1.50 each for the infant size, or osocozy prefolds which are 2 per diaper. Both seem to work on a two-size system, so we'll only need to buy diapers twice (or three sets, if we have a small baby we plan to buy some newborn prefolds which are around a buck a piece). This is the result of my research but I haven't put it in to practice so take this with a grain of salt!

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
    Freya Lillian - 11/15/15
  • I started using cloth on my kids when my now 8 yr old was about 6 months.  I always go back to pockets... they are my favorite.  I've done fitteds, prefolds, wool, you name it :)
    Jayme
    Boy 16, Boy 15, Boy 13, Girl 10, Girl 8 & Twin Boys 3, and Bacon!
    Twin A is in REMISSION!
    23 week loss, 24 week loss, 3 early miscarriages & a 25 weeker who lived only 9 weeks.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Im going to try prefolds for the newborn stage but not sure the brand. For my toddler we like Rumparooz, Happy Heiny's one size pockets. I have one apple cheeks and love it! I want more for sure. My fave diaper!
  • We're a pocket family, but we're trying prefolds and covers for this LO, as well as a few AIOs. I like the Little  Joeys, but if you're trying to keep cost down then they are super expensive!! Especially since they'll only fit for a few weeks. Our favorite OS pockets are definitely Happy Heiny's, and BumGenius is a close second.
    imageimage imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Maternity tickers
  • I like my Sunbaby, Kawaii, and Alva diapers. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"