October 2011 Moms

Weight lifted

Last night, I finally admitted to SO that in no way, shape or form, do I trust his sister to babysit....like ever. I did say it in a nicer way than that, but I had been holding it back since I got pregnant. I used a couple of examples of things that happened with her daughter and examples of when his sister babysits her neighbors kids. He said that he understood and saw where I was coming from. I mentioned that I just don't think that maturity wise, she should watch Gator due to being inappropriate or irresponsible several times.

I'm so glad I don't have to beat around the bush or make excuses anymore. I told him that I love his sister....even though I really don't.....but just don't think Gator being babysat by her or Gator spending the night with her will be happening. He did see my points and agree with them. At least he is on my side about it....it's a huge weight lifted off my shoulders!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: Weight lifted

• Good for you for speaking up! I totally understand where you're coming from about not trusting certain people with your LO(s). I'm still trying to work on my trust issues with MIL, but that's a whole other story... having YH on your side must be very validating for you. I'm happy that you got that weight off your chest (or is it "off your shoulders"? .. I don't know lol)
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm glad he agrees! That's half the battle right there. Will he back you up if it needs to be said to his sister? MH always agrees with me about his familly, but he hates confrontation so he won't ever do any of the standing up to them when it needs to be done. So I always look like the huge bush.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageemunbalanced:
    I'm glad he agrees! That's half the battle right there. Will he back you up if it needs to be said to his sister? MH always agrees with me about his familly, but he hates confrontation so he won't ever do any of the standing up to them when it needs to be done. So I always look like the huge bush.

I believe he will. He is very close to her so he will be as nice as possible, but now that he knows how I feel....he won't let her babysit. I did make the exception that she could watch Gator if she is at SO's mom's house, because I know if SIL pawns off Gator or is not doing things correctly.....MIL will handle it....and I trust MIL completely.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Good for you!  I'm dreading having that conversation, but so far it hasn't been necessary.  And DH knows his sister is completely untrustworthy, I just don't know if he's thought in terms of babysitting.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"