Stay at Home Moms

Holiday Crafts for Young Toddlers?

Hi Mamas! What are you all doing for fun Christmas crafts for your young toddlers? I have a 15 month old and he's *just* starting to be into painting and a bit of colouring/sticking things on paper.

I bought some snowflake cut outs at the dollar store and was going to have him glue cotton balls on them; and I also wanted to get him to colour some red and green construction paper that I could then cut into strips to make a ring garland.

Any other simple/easy craft ideas that are good for the holidays? I am hoping to experiment with some sort of salt dough/hand print thing too! I get jealous of my friends whose kids are in day care and they come home with cute crafts so I'm trying to do more at home!! (That's not the only reason I'm doing them, LOL!) 

BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Holiday Crafts for Young Toddlers?

• We're doing the ring garland... did handprint/footprint ornaments... plan on making some paper ornaments too.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I have a bunch planned out. Lo is 20 months old. I just made Santa face last night that he can glue a cotton ball every day until Christmas to make his beard. And we will paint Christmas trees. Make reindeer with paper plates. Cut out a red candy cane shape and glue cotton balls to it. Check out pinterest. Type in like toddle Christmas crafts.. there's hundreds
  • Loading the player...
  • We did the salt dough ornaments.  DD painted them.

Not sure what else we'll do.

• Your LO is ahead of mine!  All he's doing is eating crayons, let alone coloring!

I did try doing something I saw on pinterest, which was hell getting him to do, but it turned out cute.

Just buy some cheap christmas bulb ornaments (I did a matte green-not shiny).  You will need brown and red craft pain and a sharpie.

Dip LO's thumb in brown paint and make thumb prints all over bulbs (about 5 or 6)  then you can draw reindeer antlers and eyes on them.  I used a q-tip dipped in the red paint for the nose.  Super cute! And they made great little gifts.  Heres the link:

https://www.littlebitfunky.com/2011/11/20-minute-crafter-reindeer-thumbprint.html

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like to make reindeer food (birdseed) bags decorated like Rudolf. You can also make handprint & footprint reindeer and footprint snowmen. Both are cute on sweatshirts if you are brave enough to use acrylic paint.

• Thanks Ladies!!! Time to get busy! : )
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"