Eco-Friendly Family

XP: Cloth Diapering Mamas HELP!

So I am thinking about switching to cloth diapers, but I have no idea what I need or how to do it. What has worked for you and do I need all the accessories? Do you use the inserts? What are the covers for? 

ETA: How many do you suggest buying and are there different sizes? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: Cloth Diapering Mamas HELP!

• First, I would check out the cloth diaper board on here; there is an FAQ section and it rates various brands of diapers. Also look on youtube for Cloth 101 videos (there are 7 of them); they are super informative. How old is your LO? Does he go to daycare?

I have 24 prefolds/6 Thirsties Duo Size 1 covers (a waterproof layer that you must use with prefolds, fitteds or flats) that we use at home and 20 pocket diapers that we use for overnight and daycare. I have 3 brands of pocket diapers: Charlie Bananas (fleece inside), BumGenius 4.0 (microsuede), and Hip Bums (WAHM). I also made my own cloth wipes: one side of flannel and one side terry cloth (I have about 50) and about 30 fleece liners (I cut strips of fleece 5 x 10 I think). I have 3 wet bags (a home one, daycare one, and diaper bag one). We use planet detergent. 

Hope this helps! Feel free to look at those sites and ask more ?S! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Definitely check out the FAQs on the cloth diapering board. It has TONS of info on getting started and different types/brands of diapers. I also like the website The Cloth Diaper Whisperer for some info too.

We're building a newborn stash right now, but we CD'd our first from 6 months with 24 pocket diapers, doing laundry every 2-3 days and it worked great for us. Good luck!

imageimage imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • There's a 7 part series on youtube called Cloth Diapering 101.  That's a great start.

You'll need about 24 changes to wash every 2-3 days.

• We love our Kawaiis!  We have about 25 of them I think. They are cheap, easy, and have lasted well for our family. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"