Babies: 0 - 3 Months

XP: When to worry?

My LO is 12 days old and EBF. I feed on demand and she is definitely an eater! My question is about poopy diapers. She has at least 5 or 6 wet diapers a day, if not more, but she has not had a poopy diaper since Tuesday night, so none yesterday and so far none today. At what point should I be concerned? Her belly does not feel hard and she does not seem to be extra fussy. I have read so many different opinions on this; some say that she should poop 4 times a day and some say that EBF babies often go days without a BM. Which is it? TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: When to worry?

• I've heard it can be up to ten or fourteen days.

• I've always had crazy poopers, but I agree that I read it could be quite a few days. I don't think I'd worry for another day or so, then call your pedi just to hear from their nurses that it's fine and what to look for.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I was at the pediatric 2 weeks ago because of this reason. Doc said totally normal that NM is digested sand used so well they may not.have BMW for 5-7 days. Is your lo straining and trying to go? Mine was and that's why I was worried. I would call.pediatric to be sureafter 4th or 5th day and see if they want you to come in. I waited 4 days before I called. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow...BMW? Obviously I meant BM ha ha ha autocorrect I hate you
  • My nephew barely pooped at first when breastfed but he wasn't in any pain or anything.  The pedi just said that some babies are really efficient at using all the breastmilk the get.
  • Thanks for all the replies. I feel much better. She isn't straining at all and it doesn't seem to be making her fussy, so I will wait another day and then put in a call to my pedi.
  • If it's abnormal for YOUR baby check with your pedi. That was one of my first indications when ds was sick.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"